Any tips on keeping my two children healthy for as long as possible ?

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Bulldogs have a lifespan from 8-12 years as far as I know, and I want my two children to be with me as long as it's possible, and I want them to stay healthy.

Mine are 7 and 6 with both having their birthdays middle to late next year.

I try to walk with them whenever the weather is good. We have really odd weather a lot of days. I give them good food, Acana (fish flavour) and Royal Canine bulldog, and I give them as much love and affection as I possibly can without trying to be intrusive during their relaxation and sleep.

Any tips for keeping them healthy and happy for as long as possible ?

Thank you all.

Mona19

Sep 5, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona
Bulldogs have a lifespan from 8-12 years as far as I know, and I want my two children to be with me as long as it's possible, and I want them to stay healthy.

I try to walk with them whenever the weather is good. We have really odd weather a lot of days. I give them good food, Acana (fish flavour) and Royal Canine bulldog, and I give them as much love and affection as I possibly can without trying to be intrusive during their relaxation and sleep.

Thank you all.
Keep doing the great job. please read The Forever Dog by Rodney Habib... :)

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Thank you very much. Will make a note of the book.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Thank you all.
Hey stranger..….

I personally would remove Royal Canine bulldog. I think you’ve been on long enough to know what can happen with RC down the road. I see a big difference in my 2 with a Raw Diet. If you’re wanting to stay on kibbles Acana is a great kibble. As you probably know they have different proteins. But you can simply use raw as toppers. They’ll get the extra probiotics n add fermented veggies as snacks or again toppers. Like mentioned they need to eat less than recommended n move more.

Attachments

• 90DDD06F-2082-4F2E-8120-22A3EE0ACE81.jpeg
    90DDD06F-2082-4F2E-8120-22A3EE0ACE81.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 40FAA068-9DC2-4C11-AFF2-870D3818A0D7.jpeg
    40FAA068-9DC2-4C11-AFF2-870D3818A0D7.jpeg
    296.3 KB · Views: 96
  • 1726E447-CADD-4F1D-80AA-4AFD0C14AE04.jpeg
    1726E447-CADD-4F1D-80AA-4AFD0C14AE04.jpeg
    869.1 KB · Views: 93

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If they are healthy now, what are you look to improve? Sometimes staying the course is the best bet.

however, you can never go wrong feeding a raw diet

OP
yankydoodle

yankydoodle

Nov 28, 2016
Country
South Africa
Bulldog(s) Names
princess, kleintjie
Thanks all for the replies. Will consider all the advice. I currently have 3 full bags of Royal Canine Bulldog. Have to get through that, and will consider the other options afterwards.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online