myjenn

Aug 4, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
What does everyone use on their Bulldogs fold??? image.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

I use witch hazel on a cotton pad and sometimes destin to help heal the raw skin

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have used witch hazel as well, or duoxo pads found on Amazon. I have heard that the destin works too, it really depends on the dog...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Witch hazel on sensitive baby wipes or cotton ball, and Desitin for bad days.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I use witch hazel and then corn starch to dry it out. Corn starch worked better for eye drainage for me because I put it in fold under eye.

OP
M

myjenn

Aug 4, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
How often do I use the witch hazel on his red fold? And what amount do I do?

OP
M

myjenn

Aug 4, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
How often can I use witch hazel on his red fold?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I wet a cotton round with witch hazel and rub under eyes, face wrinkles, nose rope, etc. I use 2-3 rounds; usually one per side and one under chin. I then apply corn starch to areas I just wiped so that it is powdered but not caking. I usually try to use cotton rounds or balls as it is more sterile. Make sure you are doing ears, tail pocket, and paws. In this weather I do face at least twice a day, paws every other time he goes out, and ears once a day. His tail pocket is usually OK so I do weekly. Witch hazel is my go to for cleaning. With a daily regimen go up or down it really depends on trial and error. You don't want to apply too many times as you want to keep it dry.

sdefilippo

Jul 4, 2016
Upstate, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Juno, Lola (2012 - 2016)
We use Malacetic wipes. They dry the wrinkles out so they don't get yeast, but are gentle so they don't irritate their skin.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I wipe then with warm paper towel after they eat, then again with clean paper towel and witch hazel. I've used the malacetic wipes as well. Butt cream after that if they have a hot spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SadOldRed

Jan 5, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Remy
My bulldog has ringworm. I bathe him with Malaseb and it's really helping, but I can't use it on his face. Would witch hazel or Destin help clean his face folds?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My bulldog has ringworm. I bathe him with Malaseb and it's really helping, but I can't use it on his face. Would witch hazel or Destin help clean his face folds?

Clean for the ringworm? [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] ... any suggestions

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Clortimazole 1percent, for athlete's foot is an antifungal that can be used. Be sure not to get it in his eyes. I have also heard that coconut oil can help, but I have never tried it. Athlete's foot cream is pretty cheap,at the store. [MENTION=16711]SadOldRed[/MENTION] Be sure to wear surgical gloves, as ringworm is contagious to other animals and humans.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.