Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky went for his yearly checkup and shots yesterday and the vet said he is in good shape but barely over weight at 78.5 which I thought was comical. She says for his height and length she thinks he's fine at that weight.

I bought a practically new Ford Explorer ST and Chunky has taken over the 3rd row seat which is a pain the *** when its time to get out. LOL

20200924_181500.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Always good to have great vet checks!!! Btw that’s HIS SEAT!! You’re just there to drive the king! :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Nice photo!

Btw, I've seen that US dog owners take their dogs for "yearly checkups" and always wondered what that involves apart from the shots? Does the vet take any tests or is it just a chat between vet and dog owner? We take Castor to the vet when there is a problem, and once a year he goes in for his shorts, but there are no checkups like that here (at least not at the vets we go to).

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I take mine for their shots, and if there are any other problems I call them to the Dr.'s attention. He always weighs them when they go in. If no problems, that's it. [MENTION=9875]cefe13[/MENTION]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=12646]CHUNK[/MENTION]yWhite Happy that Chunky is doing well, and no urinary problems. It's good to see him! As Helene said, you are Chunky's driver, he sitz weah he wantz!!!! themz the rulez. ha!ha!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I take mine for their shots, and if there are any other problems I call them to the Dr.'s attention. He always weighs them when they go in. If no problems, that's it. @cefe13

Thanks!

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Nice photo!

Btw, I've seen that US dog owners take their dogs for "yearly checkups" and always wondered what that involves apart from the shots? Does the vet take any tests or is it just a chat between vet and dog owner? We take Castor to the vet when there is a problem, and once a year he goes in for his shorts, but there are no checkups like that here (at least not at the vets we go to).

They tested Chunky for heart worms, his urine for more cystine stones which he had previous issues with, his weight and they walk them around to check out their physical agility. Plus the yearly shots for parvo, rabies and whatever else they can come up with. They cleaned his ears and gave me a hard time over not doing it more often.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
They tested Chunky for heart worms, his urine for more cystine stones which he had previous issues with, his weight and they walk them around to check out their physical agility. Plus the yearly shots for parvo, rabies and whatever else they can come up with. They cleaned his ears and gave me a hard time over not doing it more often.

OK; thanks!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Chunky looks fantastic... he OWNS that backseat :lol:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great car! Congratulations!

Congratulations on Chunky being a Stella healthy bulldog too... he is king of the ride and always has been.

How old is the boy now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Great car! Congratulations!

Congratulations on Chunky being a Stella healthy bulldog too... he is king of the ride and always has been.

How old is the boy now?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chunky is 5

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
...always wondered what that involves apart from the shots?
It might involve bloodwork
but certainly should be composed of...
Listening to heart, lungs
Checking of teeth, eyes, and ears
Tugging on limbs and bending of joints
Looking over the skin, coat,
Eval of wrinkles, nose rope, and tail
Checking paws and nails
Sometimes trimming nails and cleaning ears if necessary.
Listening to the gut and feeling around for something amiss
Fecal exam, take Vet a fresh turd.
Heart worm test
Eval behavior and response to certain stimuli.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
OP
Chunky White

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
yes he is...and have you considered removing that third row and putting a big thick bed back there for him to lounge on?

I need to look into getting something to put there. This is the first vehicle I have had thats not that easy to keep him in one spot and I don't want to use a crate. He's all over the 2nd and 3rd rows right now

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.