Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
He's telling me it's time.

I can't do it.

:cry:

This sucks.
I'm so sorry; there is nothing to make it easier, either. I did it nearly three years ago, and will have to do it again and it terrifies me. We know what you are going through, we send you love and prayers and wishes for a healed heart. You are the one who has loved him all this time and you are the one to make sure he doesn't hurt or suffer. The loss is real and large, but memories will one day make you laugh again.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
He's telling me it's time.

I can't do it.

:cry:

This sucks.

Iā€™m so sorry your going thru this!

my thoughts are with you.

You gave him a great life and as you said before, your vet was surprised he has lived this long! Your a good dog mom, you fed him the best food possible to also help keep him healthy and I think thatā€™s a big part of why he has lived this long!

Still very sad, and again Iā€™m so sorry your in this situationā˜¹ļø

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@anatess Angus is telling you that it is time. HE has made the decision. I know how it will hurt, but you and HE know that you have done everything you could, and gave him much more time that was expected. He knows that, and now he is ready to jo urney to the Rainbow bridge. I totally understand, as I have made that decision before, and I will have to make it again sometime-it is soo painful.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh @anatessā€¦šŸ˜¢ it sure isnā€™t the easiest decision to make. We all want to hold on as long as we can. If you see all the signs plus heā€™s telling you, you will do the right thing for him. Ive done it a few times and yes I too will do it again. Sending you both hugs n positive thoughts ā¤ļø

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
He is gone.
July 17, 2010 - Sept 13, 2022

1663104984636.jpeg

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
He is gone.

View attachment 123324

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss of Angus, he was a gorgeous boy!

You gave him the best life full of love and gave him way more time with you than the vet thought. 12 years is very good for a bulldog.

Your a good bulldog mom!

Rest easy sweet Angus.

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
He is gone.

View attachment 123324
I am in tears for you right now. It's the most difficult thing ever, and I feel so much sorrow for you. Hold on, it takes a long while, but it does slowly get easier. Can't believe you had to go through this twice in a row, so to speak. We love them SO much and they love us SO much it is hard to understand how to be without them. Thinking of you - he was loved and that was the best thing in the world for him.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
The greatest act of kindness any person can do for their beloved Bulldog is to let him/her go when they tell you the time is right. Itā€™s toughā€¦itā€™s always toughā€¦probably the single most difficult thing you will ever do.
Youā€™re a good Bulldog Mom for being there until the end.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Love that photo of Angus. I know it took so much on your part to let him go. I know how you will be hurting. Sending prayers for you to get through-you know you did the right thing,and always the best for Angus

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
When Bullie passed away in 2020, it seemed easier somehow because Angus was there to comfort us. This time it is so much harder.

I testify that dogs are man's best friend. They somehow instinctively know how to support their person, even with very independent dogs like English Bulldogs.

Bullie was especially super independent. She lived like she owns the house and everybody in it. But even Bullie seemed to know when she can be incorrigible and annoy the heck out of us and when we need her love and comfort. Angus was much of the same. He was in constant "play with me" mode - like a little kid that refused to grow up. If he wasn't nudging us to throw his frisbee, he was nudging us for butt rubs. But then when we needed it he just somehow knows we just needed him to be with us and cuddle.

I've had several dogs in my lifetime. I am an old fart. I've had hound-mutts, German Shepherds, Dobermans, Lhasa Apso, Bichon Frise, and English Bulldogs. They all had their own little quirks. But they all just somehow know when we need their lovings.

Angus is probably going to be my last dog. I know for sure that when I finally get grandkids, I will also get grand-puppies, and I want to be there for those dogs. My son said while he was holding Angus for the last time - all children need to have a companion dog. They will teach the children to be kind and to love, teach them responsibility, have someone to be there for them to grow up together especially when they're sad or bad, and then eventually teach them how to let go and work through grief. I am blessed to be able to have Gizmo (bichon), Bullie, and Angus in my children's growing up years.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I am so very sorry. What a gorgeous boy! It is an incredibly difficult thing to do but you did it with love for him.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Rest in peace Angus, you beautiful boy.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.