anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
He's really taking Bullie's death hard. When Gizmo died last January, it affected both Bullie and Angus but Bullie has always been an independent spirit and Angus is always just following Bullie's lead so it didn't seem to be this "at a loss" look on Angus. With Angus being our lone dog, he is looking to us to lead him. He has always been a clingy dog (total opposite of Bullie) but this time, I can't even take a picture because he won't stay far enough away for me to take a photo. He has to have his nose touching me which makes taking a picture impossible.

So, to take this shot, I had to take a burst with my husband sitting him down in his favorite blanket, moving away and Angus getting off the blanket and coming to me in a split second. Good thing my smartphone takes excellent quality burst photos and I found this perfect image within the burst in between blurry images of my husband leaving the frame and Angus jumping off frame.

This is Angus, a very healthy 10-year-old Amitola English Bulldog, prey-model raw fed for 8 years now. I thought he turned 9 on his birthday last July, but I checked and he actually turned 10! He still looks and acts so young! If he can just get over the doldrums, he'll live forever.

Angus_11.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] Angus is a beautiful dog! He sure doesn't look his age-good mama and dad! I am sure he really misses Bullie. So do you. It will take awhile for all of you to adjust. Prayers for you all.:pray:

AceRN

Jun 17, 2020
Florida
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Edison Fitzgerald
Angus is an amazing good looking bully! Iā€™m sorry for your familyā€™s loss. I believe animals grieve like there human family. Give yours and him time, do you still have anything of Bullieā€™s still with you like a blanket, Angus might like his scent. We as people have pictures we can look at, but your dog family only has old things like; shirts, blankets or special toys of their loved one�� I am truly sorry for your loss, I will be thinking of you, please keep in touch

KrysA724

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brisket
Angus is an amazing good looking bully! Iā€™m sorry for your familyā€™s loss. I believe animals grieve like there human family. Give yours and him time, do you still have anything of Bullieā€™s still with you like a blanket, Angus might like his scent. We as people have pictures we can look at, but your dog family only has old things like; shirts, blankets or special toys of their loved oneļæ½ļæ½ I am truly sorry for your loss, I will be thinking of you, please keep in touch

I agree with this.. maybe letting Angus sleep with a blanket or toy that still has Bullieā€™s scent will help... and I know itā€™s hard for everyone. Oreo was the same when we lost Twix. He was like his baby, and he was so down for a while and stuck to me everywhere I went much like Angus is doing to you now. When we got Brisket, it was like he brought life to him again.

Hang in there you two. It will always hurt, but one day it will hurt just a little less until youā€™re able to think back about Bullie and smile instead of cry. Hugs to all!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] Of course these furry things have feelings and are at a loss when things change. Angus will sense his humans' change of mood too. It is a good thing that he doesn't withdraw but that he seeks your company, isn't it.

Angus is really handsome. Having a brindle boy myself I am not altogether neutral here, but must say Angus' coat is gorgeous. Castor sends his best wishes to Angus.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's really taking Bullie's death hard. When Gizmo died last January, it affected both Bullie and Angus but Bullie has always been an independent spirit and Angus is always just following Bullie's lead so it didn't seem to be this "at a loss" look on Angus. With Angus being our lone dog, he is looking to us to lead him. He has always been a clingy dog (total opposite of Bullie) but this time, I can't even take a picture because he won't stay far enough away for me to take a photo. He has to have his nose touching me which makes taking a picture impossible.

So, to take this shot, I had to take a burst with my husband sitting him down in his favorite blanket, moving away and Angus getting off the blanket and coming to me in a split second. Good thing my smartphone takes excellent quality burst photos and I found this perfect image within the burst in between blurry images of my husband leaving the frame and Angus jumping off frame.

This is Angus, a very healthy 10-year-old Amitola English Bulldog, prey-model raw fed for 8 years now. I thought he turned 9 on his birthday last July, but I checked and he actually turned 10! He still looks and acts so young! If he can just get over the doldrums, he'll live forever.

View attachment 119878

He is gorgeous!! Give him a hug from me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Yes definitely a beauty. Love brindles. 16months ago I lost Duke he was only 2.5yrs old. Long non experienced EB emergency vet story... Nyala just laid at the back door in the kitchen as it was where Duke went out last. 3,4,5 days laying there, didnā€™t eat much either. I took her out for walks n she would come back to that door. Took about 2weeks n she started to move more. So yes they do bounce back. Got to keep them busy. :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
It takes time... they grieve just like we do, and it's an adjustment for everyone. Continues prayers for you and the family...

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree with this.. maybe letting Angus sleep with a blanket or toy that still has Bullieā€™s scent will help... and I know itā€™s hard for everyone. Oreo was the same when we lost Twix. He was like his baby, and he was so down for a while and stuck to me everywhere I went much like Angus is doing to you now. When we got Brisket, it was like he brought life to him again.

Hang in there you two. It will always hurt, but one day it will hurt just a little less until youā€™re able to think back about Bullie and smile instead of cry. Hugs to all!

Thank you very much for this. We sent Bullie's blanket with her for the cremation. I didn't think to leave something of Bullie to Angus! I went and took Bullie's most worn clothes and put it in Angus' bed. It's been through the wash but hopefully it leaves enough of her scent on it. I should've thought of this before!

We received a condolence card from the vet signed by everyone at the office. We've never taken Bullie more than once a year for her annual checkup but they wrote some fond memories of her. I love this vet and staff. It just goes to show how much they care for their patients and how personal they are with them. It also reminded me of how Bullie's "I'm the Queen, treat me royally" personality was so memorable!

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
So, it's been a week and a half since Bullie passed and Angus is getting more clingy. Now he's whining all night long. The neighbors has told us he whines when we're not home (very short periods because my husband and I are both working at home due to covid and only go out to grab food and such). We've been just taking him with us when we can.

We're contemplating getting Angus an emotional support animal like my niece has. :unsure:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So, it's been a week and a half since Bullie passed and Angus is getting more clingy. Now he's whining all night long. The neighbors has told us he whines when we're not home (very short periods because my husband and I are both working at home due to covid and only go out to grab food and such). We've been just taking him with us when we can.

We're contemplating getting Angus an emotional support animal like my niece has. :unsure:

Oh poor little Angus, but he is a lucky boy in that he has emotional support humans - that's pretty good too!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

This is why we have Lambeau... when Banks past Cheliā€™s depression and loneliness was devastating to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.