Angus has terminal cancer. 😭

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our Bulldog, Winston, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Tumor on back left foot Dec 2019. Nothing vet could do except refer to oncologist, start radiation and/or chemotherapy. Well, it was week before Christmas and vet going out of town, so being a Prayer Warrior, I first prayed and rebuked the cancer, then I did my research. Found someone who treated their pet with Curcumin Tumeric and had total recovery; so I ordered some from Mercola.com and started Winston on it immediately, then continued to research and put him on CDB. Needless to say when I took him back to same vet in Jan he was so surprised that Winston had not been put down yet. Let me just say, today, as a a 10 year old, he is thriving and playing.
That is wonderful news Nd information…. Prayers for continued success

Lia

Aug 30, 2021
Country
Monaco
Bulldog(s) Names
Bartolomeo
Today is a very hard day.
Angus is my last surviving family dog. He turns 11 on Saturday.
We took him to the vet after I noticed an enlargement of his belly and a lack of luster of his fur. He is still the same happy Angus albeit he tires so much quicker. But then he is an old dog now.

The vet got him tested and scanned and they found almost his entire body riddled with cancer. It must've started in his spleen as the tumor there is the largest. I am devastated. The vet is surprised he hasn't been showing signs of being in pain. I love this dog sooo much and I can't bear to lose him. I just can't.

I took this video this morning:

I read only now your post, I subscribed yesterday to this wonderful blog. I feel so sad and sorry for your tragedy. What a wonderful companion you had, he was with you all these years giving you love and himself. It will be difficult for you (I just lost mine for ever - sudden heart attack - and I know what I'm talking about: since his death I see the life in black). Stay with him as much as possible, these days will remain for ever in your memory. Treasure any moment you still have to share with him. Eleven years of unconditional love is such a gift (mine was only three and a half). Be strong, we are with you.

Mechadogzilla

Nov 15, 2020
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hugo(English Bulldog) and Hans(Rottweiler)
I am sorry to hear about Winston’s diagnosis. I am glad he can spend his remaining time with those who care for him so much.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I am so sorry to hear this about Angus! He is so loved, that is obvious. I hope that the time you have left is filled with times like in the video, he is playing, smile and enjoy the love and try to focus on that, I know how hard that is right now. But still, I pray for that, for you and for Angus. Prayers !

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I am so sorry to read this. It does sound like you have had 11 awesome years, and by the looks of Angus he is still as happy as ever. What a sweet boy he is. I think i speak for all of us, even 100 years is never enough.. we love them so much.

I'm very, very sorry. Give Angus and yourself hugs from us..
Just cherish him and love on him all you can :angelheart:.

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Today is December 8, 2021.

And Angus is still the happy Angus that he's always been. I, for sure, thought the vet must've made a mistake with the scans. But, unfortunately, it's still cancer. And it's still all over his body. The vet is quite amazed that he is still alive, let alone having a good quality of life.

I told her - it's the carb/sugar free prey-model raw food. Cancerous cells can't process fat as efficiently as it processes carbs so it can't replicate as fast as normal cells. She doesn't believe me.

But hey, Angus is still with us so I don't really care why...

I LOVE THIS DOG SOOOO MUCH! He is just awesome. I don't want everybody to get an English Bulldog. I want everybody to get an Angus. Y'all have to have an Angus.

He's been sleeping a whole lot. He's so cute when he's sleeping. Hah hah.
angus 20211208.jpg

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Our Bulldog, Winston, was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Tumor on back left foot Dec 2019. Nothing vet could do except refer to oncologist, start radiation and/or chemotherapy. Well, it was week before Christmas and vet going out of town, so being a Prayer Warrior, I first prayed and rebuked the cancer, then I did my research. Found someone who treated their pet with Curcumin Tumeric and had total recovery; so I ordered some from Mercola.com and started Winston on it immediately, then continued to research and put him on CDB. Needless to say when I took him back to same vet in Jan he was so surprised that Winston had not been put down yet. Let me just say, today, as a a 10 year old, he is thriving and playing.

This is an amazing story that gives me a lot of hope!

Thank you, thank you for sharing!

Most Reactions