Angus at 11 months post cancer diagnosis.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
So, Angus will turn 12 next month. By then, it will be over 1 year after his cancer diagnosis where-in the vet told us he has at most 1 month of life left to live. Well, here he is today, for the first time in his life, jumping up on the "couch". I don't know what got into him. He can barely walk as it is. It was quite a surprise to us. My son has allergies and dog on furniture is a very big no-no in my house because of this. But, even my son doesn't have the heart to tell him to move.
angus 20220606_LI.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Old saying…You are what you eat. You’re feeding him a proper diet fit for dogs. You even make sure it’s all balanced. Hard work but a year later….. 👍

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Looks quite comfortable

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Okay, I think I figured out why he's not sleeping in his bed that is right there next to that ottoman. There's a toy in his bed that belongs to my friend's dog that we babysat. The other dog must've left it in there and I missed it. Angus did not like that dog for some reason (he's gotten grumpy in his old age) so I guess he can smell the other dog in that toy and feels it is invading his space.

I am still amazed that he finds the energy to climb up on the furniture, though.

I forgot to mention that last week, when we had the gate open dragging the rubbish bins out, I got notified by the neighbor that Angus is in his street. This street is one block over, at least 1/4 mile cutting through neighbors' yards. He never did that in his entire life either. He's always stayed in our yard even when he was younger and would chase frisbees. He wouldn't chase after the frisbee if it goes beyond our hedge. I attributed it to him being blind now and might have just gotten lost. But I still marvel that he found the energy to even do a walk-about instead of just plopping there only a few feet from the door like he always does.

This old dog still got a lot of life to live!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
So, Angus will turn 12 next month. By then, it will be over 1 year after his cancer diagnosis where-in the vet told us he has at most 1 month of life left to live. Well, here he is today, for the first time in his life, jumping up on the "couch". I don't know what got into him. He can barely walk as it is. It was quite a surprise to us. My son has allergies and dog on furniture is a very big no-no in my house because of this. But, even my son doesn't have the heart to tell him to move.View attachment 122830

He looks cozy up there, I think it’s from the great diet your feeding him for why he is doing so good!

That’s awesome! Hopefully he will be around for more years😊

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
He looks like he just melted into the cushion...looks super comfy. Yep, good call to just let him have it his way. :yes:

gjelliottphd

May 25, 2022
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
So, Angus will turn 12 next month. By then, it will be over 1 year after his cancer diagnosis where-in the vet told us he has at most 1 month of life left to live. Well, here he is today, for the first time in his life, jumping up on the "couch". I don't know what got into him. He can barely walk as it is. It was quite a surprise to us. My son has allergies and dog on furniture is a very big no-no in my house because of this. But, even my son doesn't have the heart to tell him to move.View attachment 122830
Big O' Boy...

ppardoski

Sep 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Beauty
Okay, I think I figured out why he's not sleeping in his bed that is right there next to that ottoman. There's a toy in his bed that belongs to my friend's dog that we babysat. The other dog must've left it in there and I missed it. Angus did not like that dog for some reason (he's gotten grumpy in his old age) so I guess he can smell the other dog in that toy and feels it is invading his space.

I am still amazed that he finds the energy to climb up on the furniture, though.

I forgot to mention that last week, when we had the gate open dragging the rubbish bins out, I got notified by the neighbor that Angus is in his street. This street is one block over, at least 1/4 mile cutting through neighbors' yards. He never did that in his entire life either. He's always stayed in our yard even when he was younger and would chase frisbees. He wouldn't chase after the frisbee if it goes beyond our hedge. I attributed it to him being blind now and might have just gotten lost. But I still marvel that he found the energy to even do a walk-about instead of just plopping there only a few feet from the door like he always does.

This old dog still got a lot of life to live!
God Bless Angus!! Due to his age and health condition, he was probably trying to follow you out taking out the trash and became disoriented. When they start declining, the bully becomes 'clingy' and will want to be with you at all times. Only when my Beauty began having seizures at age 9-1/2, she would 'wander' and lose her way back to the house because they lose their sight in the seizure/post-seizure state with temporary blindness. Once the post-seizure state passed and her sight returned, she never wanted to leave my side. They retain the hearing, but neurologically cannot respond to your call and voice. Give him all your love and hugs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.