8 Month Old Puppy Throwing Up While Sleeping

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow thanks for all the feedback folks. Sorry for not responding over the weekend. Probably wasn't a good idea on my part to ask a question on a Friday afternoon and then go MIA for 2 days. Apologies about that.

Thank you :) He gets fed 1 and 1/4 cups in the morning and 1 and 1/4 more in the evening. Ya seems like most people are recommending we switch off of RC. We only switched onto it to see if that would help with his issues but it doesn't really seem to have.

We don't add any probiotics to his food. Sounds like maybe I should look into that. And to be honest we haven't been giving him many treats because we didn't want to aggravate his issues. When we do give treats I usually give Blue Buffalo Bits Salmon or Turkey treats. I can't say that I notice the treats causing any issues. Sometimes he gets so excited to eat treats though that he ends up swallowing them without chewing and ends up coughing them up. So we're trying now to make sure he calms down before treats but it's tough.

Thank you for the advice. Sounds like we'll have to look into a better food.

Thanks for your insight into the makeup of low quality kibble. Pretty eye opening to read so I'll look into changing that up ASAP (obviously by mixing new and old over a few days).
Yes.. RC/Hills and other low grade foods we will not be fans of, but they do have their time and place. In my opinion, they are great for short term use or if you tried everything else and that is what works, then so be it. Not trying to be judgy... just want to give you options to put in your hostler

VirginiaScott

May 2, 2023
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rok
We had these problems occasionally with our female bully when whe was young and we would use the pure canned pumpkin as a snack.
Switched to Orijen (before it was bought out) then switched to straight green beans with an egg for meals and Plato farmers market (turkey and pumpkin treats) ...
we would cut back on amount fed and only feed when/if she was hungry, seemed to help with puking
I would stay away from the OTC acid reflux meds, pure canned pumpkin always worked better.

Most Reactions