doug9081

Jun 14, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
Hello my fellow EBD lovers. Recently brought home my new baby boy Nugget. 0696F2A9-B821-4768-B6E7-56C182E67A83.jpeg Slowly weened him off food Breeder was feeding him (Victor) to Hills Science Diet chicken and brown rice flavored because my vet recommended. He keeps having wet poos. Kind of like soft serve ice cream. No other symptoms besides the soft poos. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on food or tips to help with this!

Thank you!! :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello my fellow EBD lovers. Recently brought home my new baby boy Nugget. View attachment 121111 Slowly weened him off food Breeder was feeding him (Victor) to Hills Science Diet chicken and brown rice flavored because my vet recommended. He keeps having wet poos. Kind of like soft serve ice cream. No other symptoms besides the soft poos. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on food or tips to help with this!

Thank you!! :)

Welcome! Nugget is sure a cute nugget.

Your problem is definitely Hills. Totally full of grains. Vets gets a kickback from Hills, Royal Canin so plz avoid them brands cause they are full of grains n numerous recalls n very sick dogs.

Raw is the best way to feed any dog, if not raw, top quality kibbles are Acana, Fromm, Zignature…look for a high count of protein from “meat” n not legumes. Read the bag’s ingredients. Great puppy kibble is definitely Orijen. Rotation of protein is a must to avoid future allergies.

You will find tons of great info on nutrition in the search button above to your right. This is a question that we see very often. But yes get him off Hills. You can buy organic pumpkin purée, give him a tablespoon at meals as it will help the soft stools. Make sure it’s NOT pumpkin purée for pies. :)

OP
D

doug9081

Jun 14, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
Thank you for the helpful information. I am going to purchase Origen grain free tomorrow. How should I start incorporating it? Slowly start mixing it with his current food (Hills) for a week?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
How should I start incorporating it?
The idea of a slow transition is to help stave off the "Soft-Serve Stools". Since he already has the SSS, there's little to be gained by a slow transition. If he were mine to feed I'd go right at it with the Orijen. Keep in mind that SSS can also be cause by too much food. Try feeding 1/2 Cup 3x/day for 3 days and note what happens. Please report back.
Unless he's abnormally big or very active he should eventually(by the time he's 10-12 months old) be eating 1 Cup x2/day.

OP
D

doug9081

Jun 14, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nugget
Thank you for the info. Fed him this morning Orijen half cup and his stool after already looked 80% better. Not soft! Thank you thank you!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you for the info. Fed him this morning Orijen half cup and his stool after already looked 80% better. Not soft! Thank you thank you!!

And there you go. Sorry was busy yesterday couldn’t answer you but Chip did :)

Glad the stools are better. Orijen is very high in calories but very nutritional. Stick to quality so you avoid issues. Like previous mentioned Hills n Royal Canin great for farm animals :yes:

Keep them photos coming.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN…… what a beautiful baby!

Chip and Helene… go you on track

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.