10 week old puppy folding his legs while walking....plz help

Loki maram

May 15, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki
Iā€™m a first time puppy owner and I bought Loki when he is 8 weeks old. From past week he started folding his right leg while walking in a different manner like the below picture. The vet said that he has no pain and asked us to keep an eye on him. Now he started doing the same with the left leg too .i hate to watch him suffer and I donā€™t understand whatā€™s going on with him. We are showing him to the orthodontist surgeon next week. After looking at the pictures please let me know if you have come across this or if you have any knowledge about it. Any help is greatly appreciated. D0BCEF8B-7D95-4E7E-8EDC-A6DEA0A5AB3C.jpeg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Years ago I had a Doberman pup whose ankles were "folding" as you say,just after I purchased her,like that. The vet said she had rickets, and gave her some vitamins, and I believe iron and in a short time she was straightened up. The orthopedist may recommend some wraps. I also had a horse foal who was over and I wrapped him and he straightened up.
Hope it isn't serious for yours-Dr. may take x-rays.

OP
L

Loki maram

May 15, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki
Thank you for replying!
I googled the condition and also found 2 more similar conditions like this ( knuckling and Carpal Flexural Deformity). All the articles I read say need to keep the puppy on a low protein diet.
Any idea on low protein foods for puppies?

Also, do you think he might need surgery for this?

Years ago I had a Doberman pup whose ankles were "folding" as you say,just after I purchased her,like that. The vet said she had rickets, and gave her some vitamins, and I believe iron and in a short time she was straightened up. The orthopedist may recommend some wraps. I also had a horse foal who was over and I wrapped him and he straightened up.
Hope it isn't serious for yours-Dr. may take x-rays.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I've no experience of this but Castor says hi to Loki!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Weā€™ve had one Bulldog come on with untreated deformity like this guy is experiencing. Poor diet is the likely cause. Get on board with whatever you orthopedic Vet suggests and keep fingers crossed. Please keep us posted.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've never dealt with anything like this. Low protein is poor diet imo, so I can not imaginen it would be the cure.

OP
L

Loki maram

May 15, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki
he is suffering from Carpel ligament weakness.Thanks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is suffering from Carpel ligament weakness.Thanks

What does that mean and how is it addressed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Needs a good diet for one thing, FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag is a good start. Then just see what the Ortho doc says, may have to wrap legs, but definitely do what the doc says. Hopefully it will not be too serious.

tersabrown25

May 21, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Donut
Hello,
My colleague has a dog with same issue. You must visit ortho doc for your dog. It will get cure.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.