Scared of cars

Lee and Manny

Aug 5, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Manny
Manny has just started being frightened of cars. He was fine till last week or so. Any help or ideas why? I've tried the treat and that's not worked.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
How old is he? Was there a specific incident that happened? I would try to recondition him which could be a lot of work but worth it.

OP
L

Lee and Manny

Aug 5, 2022
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Manny
How old is he? Was there a specific incident that happened? I would try to recondition him which could be a lot of work but worth it.
He's two in December. And I'm not sure on a specific incident. I'm trying to recondition him using treats and positive affirmations.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He's two in December. And I'm not sure on a specific incident. I'm trying to recondition him using treats and positive affirmations.
This is the best you can do... it could be a long road to recondition... if you are, try your best not to pet when he is recting as that tells him it is OK for him to do that

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I would take a folding chair outside, sit close to the road(in a safe spot) every day, until he calms himself down. Whenever he acts calm, then give him a treat-but only if he is calm.

Members online

No members online now.