Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I could tell Ty was looking for something last night, I followed him around the house, and when he began to 'get-int-position' I used my NO SIR! command,
he gave me the stink-eye

These guys are something else. Louie is the king of stink eye. I watched him like a hawk last night to make sure that leg stayed down lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
I had hoped by snipping it wouldn't be a problem, but it was.
It's crazy..Ty has this thing for the laundry basked. I try to keep the laundry room door closed for that reason, but still I have to go in sometimes, it's like he see's it and his whole face lights up 'there it is!!' he just can not resist the laundry basket.
I see him heading for it with that wild look in his eye; using our warning catch phrase 'NO SIR, NO Sir!" it's like he's in a trance, and we both race to it at the same time.
sometimes I win, sometimes I don't

for Custer it is our TV STAND!

WHY? I keep asking him. It is frustrating! He is snipped. Got snipped at 11 months when we adopted him. Maybe it was too late?

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Ty was snipped at about 6 mo I think.

I've never had a male dog, he's my first.
so I've learned that many things are different, not just potty habits.

not trying to entice a big controversy here, we are all entitled for our own opinions, but I think females are maybe a little smarter

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

WHY? I keep asking him. It is frustrating! He is snipped. Got snipped at 11 months when we adopted him. Maybe it was too late?

The TV stand?? Oy. Thankfully our TV is up high and there is no way Louie can reach it. So far, we have had the toy bin, the trash in the kitchen and Jax's crate. Louie is 11 months old and will be snipped on Thursday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

it is a territory thing.... nothing really to do with neutering. It is more about 'owning' the item

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
So Ty wants to "own" the laundry basket.
That may make sense.:ponder:
one of his favorite toys when he was younger was an old laundry basket I let him play with, he liked to get inside, then turn it over and crawl on top. It was hilarious to watch.

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
So I thought I would give an update. Thursday will be 3 weeks post neuter. He has not marked anything and I noticed last week that when he goes outside to pee, he doesn't even lift his leg anymore...he is now popping a squat. I wasn't expecting that!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So I thought I would give an update. Thursday will be 3 weeks post neuter. He has not marked anything and I noticed last week that when he goes outside to pee, he doesn't even lift his leg anymore...he is now popping a squat. I wasn't expecting that!

Pretty mujch what happened with Hank...He still will lift occasionally but mostly squat... I LOVE that ;) And whats funny too is sometimes he looks like he's going to mark a tree and then just doesn't want to make the effort.. And this is an active dog!! I know theres different thoughts but I'm glad he's not bothered with some of the matcho he was displaying..

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pretty mujch what happened with Hank...He still will lift occasionally but mostly squat... I LOVE that ;) And whats funny too is sometimes he looks like he's going to mark a tree and then just doesn't want to make the effort.. And this is an active dog!! I know theres different thoughts but I'm glad he's not bothered with some of the matcho he was displaying..

I guess I assumed he would still lift his leg to pee. He still did for the first week or so and then it was gone. And he’s still his wild active self BUT when he’s tired he has been cuddling more.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I guess I assumed he would still lift his leg to pee. He still did for the first week or so and then it was gone. And he’s still his wild active self BUT when he’s tired he has been cuddling more.

. And How I feel about the whole process that I didn’t want to do but did… And now I’m happy about… I just feel like he’s… And this is going to sound weird but, more comfortable in his own skin now.. just my thoughts :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Wow... interesting

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Hmmm...he's gone metro!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Hmmmmmm.... our male still lifts his leg even after being neutered....
Luckily only outside! Lol

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmmmmmm.... our male still lifts his leg even after being neutered....
Luckily only outside! Lol

I really wasn't expecting him to just totally stop lifting his leg.