Joey's Eating Habits Changing

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG I just dumped her food out on her mat and she ate it all! Thatā€™s so crazy! Why does she no longer like the bowl?

LOL!!! Because they are quirky! LOL

Paper plates work well too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Yeah, also happened to me, I bought fancy expensive bowls for Tank, and he didnā€™t like the shape I guess - he ate food from the central part and didnā€™t want to eat what was in the corners. After that I bought 5 dollar glass bowl from Walmart which is hemisphere, no corners and he loves it...
bulldogs are very weird!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
It's better not to add toppers to dog food, because dog will want more and more. I do give my dog treats, but not in dog bowl. I add herbal products to my dog's food such as coconut oil, turmeric, fish oil or flaxseed oil or hemp seed oil, PLUS I add an antihistamine and Acti-flex 4000. But those aren't for taste and she will eat the food without it.

You can try switching from stainless steel to paper plates to ceramic to even flat baking sheets. My dog hasn't minded just the plain stainless steel bowls but every dog is different.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala did that not too long ago cause someone was giving her leftovers without me seeing. Took a day n she went back to her meals with NO toppings!!! Gave that someone crap too lol. Donā€™t like topping food cause it doesnā€™t take too long for them to get use to it n leave their meals sitting there.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
OMG I just dumped her food out on her mat and she ate it all! Thatā€™s so crazy! Why does she no longer like the bowl?

Great solution! Castor used to have metal bowls but they were a bit noisy so now we serve food and water in glass oven dishes.

I started reading this thread because Castor hasn't wanted breakfast for a week or so and I wondered why. He would leave it all day and eat mid afternoon. Then I heard from several other dog owners around here that their dogs have done exactly the same thing so I guess either dogs here have decided to go on a joint food strike or we have to blame the weather - it's been unuaually hot here.

Members online