marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
has anyone tried this:

Glandex Dog Fiber Supplement Powder - vegan salmon​

my dog has been on it for 5 weeks and her anal glands still smell and leaks. should i give it more time or switch to another probiotic? thanks all

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
has anyone tried this:

my dog has been on it for 5 weeks and her anal glands still smell and leaks. should i give it more time or switch to another probiotic? thanks all

I have tried those chews for my dog, I havenā€™t tried the powder though. The chews my dog was allergic to(I think it was the rice or something else), so his glands Leaked still cause the allergies.

However, I have him on a fresh raw diet(frozen then thawed, not freeze dried), and he gets adored beast gut soothe or healthy gut probiotics(I rotate thru those) and he hasnā€™t had any issues until tonight, his glands leaked when he was relaxed on me in the car, which I realized he was given a treat from the pet store that he was allergic to, which I know have caused thisā˜¹ļø

But a probiotic definitely helps.

I thought you had her on a probiotic that was helping?

Also psyllium husk is good, it did work for my other dog, but he decided he wasnā€™t gonna eat with it in his food cause he is picky.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I nev
has anyone tried this:

Never heard of this stuffā€¦. I usually use pure pumpkin to help with glands or poo issues. If that doesnā€™t work have them checked by your vet to make sure there are no issues cause you donā€™t want them to abscess

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I usually rotate between fermented sauerkraut, raw goat's milk, fermented fish stock, etc. for probiotic. My dogs *usually* will express their anal glands themselves as long as they have good poops. A month or so ago, Louie did burst an anal gland on the couch (thank god for couch covers!) but that is the first time it has happened and he hasn't had any issues since.

Members online

No members online now.