Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Jax had his yearly dermatologist check up yesterday and the vet told me that it is now coming out that some dogs (roughly 1 in 5) are developing antibodies to Cytopoint and that the less frequent you give it, the better. Right now Jax is about every 7-8 weeks but I’ll see if he can go longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My vet told me to wait as LONG as possible... I was actually going to post a thread regarding Walter and the cytopoint injections. He's been on them since the spring, and his one ear continues to be an issue... NOT as bad, but constantly dirty and slightly pink. How LONG does it take for these injections to work their magic?!! Lol Ugh... I'm thinking it's the food :bang:

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My vet told me to wait as LONG as possible... I was actually going to post a thread regarding Walter and the cytopoint injections. He's been on them since the spring, and his one ear continues to be an issue... NOT as bad, but constantly dirty and slightly pink. How LONG does it take for these injections to work their magic?!! Lol Ugh... I'm thinking it's the food :bang:

It sounds like it might be food related. Time to go raw?? [emoji16]

The vet told me to wait until he gets itchy cause it will start working immediately.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

The vet told me to wait until he gets itchy cause it will start working immediately.

Yep... our vet said same thing, wait until he starts itching before getting the next one... Lambeau is at week 6 right now, so far he is still do OK -- I noticed his ear starting to get dirty this week, so I am going to try and push him to August 6th which will be 8 weeks.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I'm seriously considering it...

Members online

No members online now.