Chewy.com will not carry many premium foods after Petsmart takeover.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
What do ya'll think of this Fromm? Changing food for pebbles from puppy to adult.

Four Star Chicken A La Veg Formula Dry Dog Food

or this one

Heartland Gold Grain Free Adult Dry Dog Food

The chicken a la veg is a decent food as long as your dog doesn't have issues with grains as it's not grain free. I started Louie out on it and he did fine. He is eating the duck and sweet potato right now. They also now have a grain free chicken that is fairly new. All in all, Fromm is a good food except for the Pork and Applesauce (I think that one bag only gets 3 stars).

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
The chicken a la veg is a decent food as long as your dog doesn't have issues with grains as it's not grain free. I started Louie out on it and he did fine. He is eating the duck and sweet potato right now. They also now have a grain free chicken that is fairly new. All in all, Fromm is a good food except for the Pork and Applesauce (I think that one bag only gets 3 stars).

Grain free and made with lean chicken and fresh fruits and vegetables
Enhanced with Omegas for skin and coat care as well as probiotics for healthy digestion
Made in the USA!

correction, it does contain some grains...

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Just seeing the prices of everything in the Petsmart that is about 45 min. from here-there will be no bargains!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Just got an email this morning that they aren't going to be selling Fromm anymore!!!! I feed 4 dogs and 2 cats this food!!! I can't get it anywhere locally :(
I still see it on their website but some of the varieties are on sale, perhaps closeout. Stock up on what you need while it's still available and search for a new source.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Grain free and made with lean chicken and fresh fruits and vegetables
Enhanced with Omegas for skin and coat care as well as probiotics for healthy digestion
Made in the USA!

correction, it does contain some grains...

Yes, Chicken a la Veg has grains but the Chicken au Frommage is grain free.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Lucky for us we have a bunch of stores that carry the brands being dropped and if they don't have what we want in stock they are always more than happy to order it for us.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
FWIW...

Welcome! What can I do for your furry friend today?
Chip Hanbury at 11:40, Jul 10:
I have heard that...
Chip Hanbury at 11:40, Jul 10:
As of right now Champion(Acana and Orijen), Horizon(Amicus, Pulsar, Legacy, and Complete), Tuffy(Nutrisource, Pure Vita, and Natural Planet), Fromm(Classic, Gold, Gold Coast, and Four Star), and Stella and Chewy(Frozen and Baked kibble) will no longer be available for purchase on Chewy once supply has been depleted.
Chip Hanbury at 11:41, Jul 10:
Is there any truth to the above statement
Chip Hanbury at 11:41, Jul 10:
?
Paul S at 11:42, Jul 10:
I'm sorry for the confusion! It is true that Champion (ACANA and Oirjen) and Fromm have asked us to remove their items from our website. The other brands are here to stay.
Paul S at 11:43, Jul 10:
Nutrisource, Pure Vita, and Natural Planet have also requested to be removed as well.
Paul S at 11:44, Jul 10:
While we respect their decision, we are very disappointed that these brands have decided to end their retail partnership with Chewy, as we know this will greatly impact you, our customer.
Chip Hanbury at 11:44, Jul 10:
OK...unfortunately, we feed our Bulldogs Acana so the good relationship we've had with Chewy over the past few years will come to a close. I thank Chewy(the Chewy NOT owned and controlled by PetsMart) for the awesome service we've experienced.

Paul S at 11:47, Jul 10:
This was definitely not our decision and would love to continue to carry these products. I understand, you and your furbabies are the most important thing to us and we'd love to continue to help you with anything you need.
Too bad but the manufacturers are making a very bold statement here. They, much like me and many others, are not in favor of BIG CORPORATE.
They know they have a quality product and it will continue to sell. Someone else will take Chewy's place, IMO...and, perhaps Chewy(owned by PetsMart) will wither and die.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What do ya'll think of this Fromm? Changing food for pebbles from puppy to adult.

or this one

Heartland Gold Grain Free Adult Dry Dog Food

Look at Fromm Game Bird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heather200

Jul 13, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin
If you do not have a local supplier for Fromm; they are now selling direct from their website.