Banana Oatmeal Cookies

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Joined
Feb 25, 2011
Messages
8,925
Reaction score
852
Location
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This is another recipe from Modern Dog. It incorporates rolled oats, bananas, flaxseed, and peanut butter. A batch just came out of the oven and Tate and Finn taste tested it just now. The verdict is....they LOVE it!

As you can see from the picture, they did get a tiny bit burnt so watch the cookies after about 15 minutes. The directions say to bake for 25minutes but that proved to be a bit long in my oven. More like 18-20minutes.

Hope you will give these a try!

IMG_3785.webp

[TABLE="width: 585"]
[TR="bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="class: forumMsg"]

Peanut Butter and Banana Oat Drops by Gwen Burgart & Kim Forrest

Ingredients
4 cups rolled oats
2 Tbsp ground flax seed
2 medium very ripe bananas
1/2 cup natural (no sugar or shortening added) peanut butter
1/2 cup water

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix together oats, flax seed, bananas and peanut butter in an electric mixer. Add some water and mix well. Drop 1/2 teaspoon-sized drops onto greased cookie sheet or roll out and cut with a cookie cutter (let dough stand for a few minutes before rolling; it's sticky initially). Bake for 25 min or until golden brown.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
that's right, [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION], caramalized is what I meant to say! :D
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], i'm definitely going to dig my chops into these as well!! :yes:
 
Those look awesome! I am definitely going to make these! My 3 love when I bake them homemade cookies and I'm always looking for new recipes! Thanks for sharing! :)
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] about how many did the one batch make? I like making extra and freezing them!
 
[MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION], this recipe makes quite a lot of cookies. I'd say about 2 dozen plus. Mine came out the size of a smallish golfball. I hope your gang will like them!










egghunt3.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds good I am going to get the ingredients and make Ftse some for Easter.
 
Well I made them for Ftse and he turned his face away and walked off, tried again and he spat it out.:eek: I dont think Ftse likes my cooking.

But my daughters Rottweiller loved em, so he got them all :P
 
wow a cookie recipe that i have all the ingredients for! gonna make hubby bake them while i'm out of town next week. they will both eat them i'm sure. thanks!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2
 
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION], you can always leave the flaxseed out if you don't have it or don't want to use it. It shouldn't alter the recipe as far as cooking time goes.
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION], that's too funny! but i'm glad the rotweiller enjoyed them! :)
 
Ok .... I DEFINITELY need to try these!!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top