Anyone use winter booties?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So, looking to get new bootie for Nyala and Jake. I have double liners as socks which does the jobā€¦ā€¦BUT
with -40 to -50cel n living on an acreage, well time to get proper booties. Issue is English Bulldogs front n back legs are like 1-2ā€ difference.

Any members out there from the frigid north weathers recommend a good brand? I know Muttluks are great n Canada Pooch. The problem with Canada Pooch comes in a pack of 4ā€™s. Not for EB cause different size paws as mentioned.

Thanks in advance

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I had once bought a pair of "hiking" booties for Beau, they came in a pack of two. darn, it is the brand you mention - muttlucks

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I had once bought a pair of "hiking" booties for Beau, they came in a pack of two. darn, it is the brand you mention - muttlucks
I noticed Iā€™ve asked this question in 2017 lolll

Tomorrow I will bring Jake with me. His back paws are the same size of Nyalaā€™s paws so thatā€™s an easy fix. Itā€™s his front I need to buy different sizes. Iā€™ll have him walk n run around with them in the pet shop see if they come off.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Well I brought Jake with me cause he has big wide paws n wide legs.

So, Zippers zipped half way cause his wide leg n that was out of the question. Found one the front open up. Perfect.

Attachments

• IMG_0148.jpeg
    IMG_0148.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0147.jpeg
    IMG_0147.jpeg
    397.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0146.jpeg
    IMG_0146.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0145.jpeg
    IMG_0145.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well I brought Jake with me cause he has big wide paws n wide legs.

So, Zippers zipped half way cause his wide leg n that was out of the question. Found one the front open up. Perfect.
NICEā€¦ video of them walking in them is required

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Yep...video required or this didn't happen.

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
wow sixty bucks! how are they working?

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Youā€™re asking the wrong person to upload videos loll. But Iā€™ll try. Today first day of relief. Only -11 so no booties. I dont want them to be spoiled either or their pad paws will turn sensitive to low temps. -20 n up is usually when they were wearing socks.

@benny I didnā€™t noticed the price on the photo. Yes 60$ for Nyala. She has thinner legs n paws. Those actually fits her n itā€™s a size 4. Nyala is the taller in the Bantam Bulldogge breed. So longer legs n nose. Jakeā€™s booties are $70ish. Thicker pad leather under n that brand fits his folds on his lower leg ā€œanklesā€. They did run outside to the pooping area further from the house n none came off. Were still nice n snugged. BRW this is Canada, everything is expensive. Also I rather buy from Canada cause we know our winters.

Members online

No members online now.