ALL OF A SUDDEN AGGRESSIVE TOWARDS STRANGERS

Feb 9, 2020
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Walter
Hello Walter my English Bulldog since he was young would run up to people and demand attention. He would say Hi to everyone. Now, whenever he meets strangers he would at first be cool and then after a few seconds he would bark (not the friendly one) and kinda lunge on to strangers. It’s really been bothering me. Please let me know how I can fix this. It’s been breaking my heart

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello Walter my English Bulldog since he was young would run up to people and demand attention. He would say Hi to everyone. Now, whenever he meets strangers he would at first be cool and then after a few seconds he would bark (not the friendly one) and kinda lunge on to strangers. It’s really been bothering me. Please let me know how I can fix this. It’s been breaking my heart
I would have a full health panel done including thyroid…. Sudden aggression is usually due to pain or thyroid issue

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
We see this behavior mainly with in tact males between the age of 2 and 3YO. It's adrenalin driven. Sometimes, he's simply guarding YOU as that's what an ALPHA does. Monitor him carefully around children and other pets. You will have to take more control over him...putting him into his place. I think training can help.
Is he still in tact?

Members online

No members online now.