Puking Bullie/ Stop Breathing!!! help!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My gosh hoppe everything is ok. The head tremors are fine, just kinda freaky to us to see. Have seen them compared to a twitch even. Never heard of them being tied in with anesthesia tho. fingers crossed everything is ok!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Also...just so you know. It is common and several members have experienced their bulldogs passing out after heaving and throwing up. It's caused from the lack of oxygen during the heave process. So, if it's not an obstruction...just know that the passing out is somewhat common. I wouldn't say it was normal...just alot of members have had it happen. Also, rawhides are horrible for bulldogs. Probably any dog. Try and keep your little one in a crate when you are gone. Dogs are naturally den dwelling animals and crating them is really the safest place for them to be when they have no supervision. (not sure if you already do this) Also, if you do crate them, make sure you do not leave anything in there that they can choke on. They have such a hard time breathing as is....and even the littlest thing can hurt them.

Some people are against crating their dogs. I read on facebook a man who never kenneled his bulldog. His dog was very good when left out. It was that one time that changed his world. He went to work like normal and left his bully out. He came home and the bulldog had torn apart his couch...and swallowed a spring. There was so much damage done..he couldn't be saved.
I use to let Vegas roam the house. One morning he decided to open the lazy susan. He managed to pull spices out and carry them around the house. Luckily the ones that were harmful, didn't harm him. Onion, Garlic, chives, nutmeg, cocoa, pepper, paprika, salt............all of these are in my spice cupboard. He did end up throwing up. Here are some of the reasons why Vegas is now always kenneled.
I kinda went off topic...sorry.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.