Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Puking Bullie/ Stop Breathing!!! help!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Puking Bullie/ Stop Breathing!!! help!

I was going to say to get to the vet asap. Also, is the vet you are taking her to a bulldog vet? If they say that they can't "fix" it, I would get to the bulldog vet for a second opinion.

I am so sorry this is happening to her and to you. We will send as many positive thoughts your way as we can. Keep us posted.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jade
    Likes (Received)

yes even our vet said she's never heard of tremors after being put under! Thank you all

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

@jadesmomma Dozer got them . They are known as idiopathic head tremors. His happened when he had low blood sugar. Vanilla ice cream stopped them immediately. They are totally harmless and are sometimes outgrown. His did not come from anesthesia, just genetics.
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

My gosh hoppe everything is ok. The head tremors are fine, just kinda freaky to us to see. Have seen them compared to a twitch even. Never heard of them being tied in with anesthesia tho. fingers crossed everything is ok!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Also...just so you know. It is common and several members have experienced their bulldogs passing out after heaving and throwing up. It's caused from the lack of oxygen during the heave process. So, if it's not an obstruction...just know that the passing out is somewhat common. I wouldn't say it was normal...just alot of members have had it happen. Also, rawhides are horrible for bulldogs. Probably any dog. Try and keep your little one in a crate when you are gone. Dogs are naturally den dwelling animals and crating them is really the safest place for them to be when they have no supervision. (not sure if you already do this) Also, if you do crate them, make sure you do not leave anything in there that they can choke on. They have such a hard time breathing as is....and even the littlest thing can hurt them.

Some people are against crating their dogs. I read on facebook a man who never kenneled his bulldog. His dog was very good when left out. It was that one time that changed his world. He went to work like normal and left his bully out. He came home and the bulldog had torn apart his couch...and swallowed a spring. There was so much damage done..he couldn't be saved.
    I use to let Vegas roam the house. One morning he decided to open the lazy susan. He managed to pull spices out and carry them around the house. Luckily the ones that were harmful, didn't harm him. Onion, Garlic, chives, nutmeg, cocoa, pepper, paprika, salt............all of these are in my spice cupboard. He did end up throwing up. Here are some of the reasons why Vegas is now always kenneled.
    I kinda went off topic...sorry.
    Last edited by Libra926; 10-01-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads