Pink/ red itchy space in between Tyson's paw pads

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
So at this point im irritated that 1 the vet didn't find these things and 2 he has so many issues. I feel like I get 1 thing solved and my poor boy has 10 other things that I missed .His previous family has texted me on and off wanting pics and saying how much they miss him. It is taking everything I have not to lose my freaking mind on them.

ok back to the issue Idk if the spaces in between his pads are just itchy due to allergies but he gets benadryll 2x a day. Maybe he has a bacterial infection , which I doubt because he is on several stong antibiotics, yeast infection maybe? Any one have experience with this? What can I do to help him?

How could you neglect someone this cute
tysonky.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it is allergy related... both my bullies get them. Clean his paws daily and try epsom salt bath on his paws... it helps

As for the previous owners... I would be going ape on them

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Yeah he is licking them which is just creating moisture and i'm sure making it worse

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... he most likely is allergic to grass or a weed in your yard. We have to wipe both their paws when we come in from potty breaks and I do the epsom salt bath at least once a week. Nothing more you can do about it.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Awesome :bang:

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson licks his paws because of his seasonal allergies and as an obsessive habit. His feet get pink from the licking. My vet prescribed neo-predef powder to put in his paw pads and it helps alot.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Yep... the true bully has an arms long list of issues that need daily tending too. When we first got Nitschke we knew it would be some issues, but lordie, as with you and Tyson as soon as we thought one was conquered or under control along came another one. Banks is not as many, but hers are more severe.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I don't mind daily care, I just feel like his health is overwhelming right now. I want him to be healthy and it feels liek that will never happen. Short of the head tremors from low blood sugar Dozer was an amazingly healthy boy well until... This is just a whole new experience for me. We will manage i'm sure. seems an epsom salt bath is in order when daddy gets home. I am NOT picking him up anymore .

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'd try epsom salt too. It worked well when Stig had interdigital cysts.

And yes, please stop carrying the heavy guy. You're so crazy. lol.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't mind daily care, I just feel like his health is overwhelming right now. I want him to be healthy and it feels liek that will never happen. Short of the head tremors from low blood sugar Dozer was an amazingly healthy boy well until... This is just a whole new experience for me. We will manage i'm sure. seems an epsom salt bath is in order when daddy gets home. I am NOT picking him up anymore .

Yes, it is overwhelming and I would be as well, it will get better just keep in moind he has only been with you about two weeks. In a couple more weeks he is going to be healthy and you'll all be happy.

No need to pick him up... just get a dish pan and place the front paws in for a few minutes and then the back paws for a few. Have some treats to keep him occupied.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.