Bumps, bumps, NO MORE bumps!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
So, I took Tubs back to the vet for his follow up today! After talking to the vet I found out that she actually explained everything to my husband before he left. She actually offered to write everything down for me, but he said "no I got it!" but I digress......Tubs is in the clear....or should I say he is all clear! I noticed he was clearing up before I took him in and the vet also mentioned how good he looks! She just suggested that we continue with his meds for a full 2 weeks to make sure he stays clear. So we are thinking it was allergies.The other bit of information I got today.....he now weighs 63.6 lbs. That is up 1.4 lbs from a week ago. That is shocking to me because he has been getting the same amount of food and he took a month to gain 1 lbs from the last time we took him to the vet for his ear infection. He has been getting 1.5 cups in the morning and at night. It was suggested that we only give him a cup at night. He still has a defined waist, so I am not worried, but I think 1.4 lbs in a week is a bit much! :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so happy he is better. thats wonderful news. i dunno is the vets scale accurate. my vet gave me like a 2 pound difference for sarah in like 2 days one time. lol. anyway it cant hurt to cut the food back some. yay tubs.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I didn't think about the scale being off. That might be it. I had to laugh because when we go into the vet he hides behind me and then lays down on the floor like a dead weight....she said he did this on the scale too...maybe that was it! .....lol

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i never thought about it either till sarah went in twice in like a few days and got a big difference in weight. im like um i dont think so and the boy is just looking at me like well i just work here. lol. you have to put sarah on there and she gives me the stink eye. lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YEAH.. happy it all is good.. lessen learned - never send the hubby alone! as for the scales.. they are always different. Our vet has on in the lobby and the weight is always about 1/2 to a pound off from the one in the exam room.

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION].....lol.... Yes I did earn my lesson there. Now we have to hope Tubs' need for a Vet falls when I don't have to work...lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.