a tad scared for our vet visit tomorrow :(

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh gosh. I am worried for him. Gator had a limp for over a month and we went to the ER vet, the regular vet, and the orthopedic vet twice and still don't know why. One day it just went away!

Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh hon i cant wait for the morning either. i so hope its nothing. hugs from sarah and me:hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't have any experience with this so cannot help u there but I'm gonna say a prayer tonight for Tank's recovery and that this is something that can be easily remedied. Give him a big hug from us.

L

Lucy-licious

Hoping your Boy is ok and waiting for news from your vet visit :pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Any update? The appointment was today (Friday) right?

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Well tanks visit went well. Dr went ahead did a xray said all looked ok. He did sprain his leg he is on pain/anti inflamatories for that also she said that he has tight joints and suggested he start glucosoma (spelling may be off) said it would help him tremendously and she likes to give that to bullys she feels is goin to have probs with it long term :( so we also got him started on that.

He also does have a infection in his boy area so we are supposed to flush the area twice a day with a antibiotic flush and he's also on oral antibiotic. Said all boy dogs have a certain amount of good/bad bacteria there but tanks was through the roof :( tanks been sleeping all day we figure due to the sedation from xray. :(

He was spoiled afterwards though he got a coat a new toy and a antler so he was a happy boy

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great news! It sounds like Tank's health concerns are being addressed and treated. My guys are on glucosamine too, suggested by the vet. Poor Tank...he's had a long day! that's sweet that he got spoiled a bit...he deserved it!! :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So glad it was only a sprain! Sorry to hear about the infection and joints, but they are all easily fixable.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh and xray did show slight arthritus in that knee which I guess the gluosoma is supposed to help with she said right now she don't think he needs pain meds long term (guess some bullys do) just short term till his sprain heals. She suggests walks to help keep everything good also said we need to make sure his weight stays good so he don't have worse issues with it later on

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That's great news! It sounds like Tank's health concerns are being addressed and treated. My guys are on glucosamine too, suggested by the vet. Poor Tank...he's had a long day! that's sweet that he got spoiled a bit...he deserved it!! :)

Did the glucosamine help? Right now he's just on one a day

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3251]theparrisfive[/MENTION], the vet had suggested for Finn in particular to start glucosamine b/c he has "weak ACL's" which were noticed with the way he walks. Vet believes his knee cap sometimes pops out and over time as he ages he may have to undergo surgery. So, to strengthen his joints, he's on the glucosamine/chondroitin supplement (1 a day also). Finn's on it more for prevention so i cannot really tell if it's working for him at this point. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will help him in the long run.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so glad tank is going to be ok. thats such good news and the problems seem to be fixable so that is good as well. just a thought though as sarah has a limp from a torn acl and she is doing really good on the wild alaskan salmon oil. not saying dont use joint meds from vet just maybe you can add the salmon oil to for extra help. hugs from sarah and me:hug:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So glad it was a relatively simple thing and not a torn ACL. Our bully babies certainly know how to give us grey hair!!! :blink:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.