a tad scared for our vet visit tomorrow :(

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank started limping again and im really worried this time around. when he was younger he got scared and fell off the porch and he stretched his acl and a few other things in his back leg. I noticed last night that he was limping and we decided to keep a eye on it and not call the vet right away. well when he woke up this morning i noticed the limp was a lot worse and now he isn't bending that leg when we walks on it. hes still walking on it and still trying to chase the cats. just hes really REALLY favoring that leg. last time he wasn't limping like this and it was popping. this time no popping which im guessing is good..

has anyone had experience with this??? we see the vet at 10:15 in the morning

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How did the vet visit go?

My boy had two ACL surgeries....but, when he torn his, he would not bend the leg or put the paw down.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
the visit is in the morning :(

tanks putting his paw down and is still trying to be his rotten self.. im really worried about him not bending that leg especially with it being the same leg he injured a while back :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooo... it thought it was this morning. DUH!

DARN.. I hope it is just a sprain. ACL surgery / recovery is far from fun

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
oh keep us posted.. I feel for you.. duke hurt his rear leg two weeks ago.. it ended up just being a muscle sprain but I was a wreck also.. keeping good thoughts for you !

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
well to add to it i just noticed that tank has greenish yellow stuff around his private area..... sigh :( now im wondering if he also has a infection or is this sometimes normal for unfixed males that tend to get "excited" real easily? is it possible it got irritated by something on the floor? not my day :*(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
well to add to it i just noticed that tank has greenish yellow stuff around his private area..... sigh :( now im wondering if he also has a infection or is this sometimes normal for unfixed males that tend to get "excited" real easily? is it possible it got irritated by something on the floor? not my day :*(

Is it the opening for his 'boy'? Nitschke use to have that before we knew he was allergic to rice... see what the vet says when you take him tomorrow.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
hope its just his allergies then. we recently found out he has a grain allergy and just put him on a new food 2 weeks ago so maybe his body is still dealing with the allergy? i know my kids tend to slip him their food when they dont want to eat it which we are working on. i know he is still rashed pretty bad but i know that can take a bit to go away with food allergies. sure didnt expect this!

Im really worried about him :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
hope its just his allergies then. we recently found out he has a grain allergy and just put him on a new food 2 weeks ago so maybe his body is still dealing with the allergy? i know my kids tend to slip him their food when they dont want to eat it which we are working on. i know he is still rashed pretty bad but i know that can take a bit to go away with food allergies. sure didnt expect this!

Im really worried about him :(

He'll be fine.. you are doing what you need to. Keep him calm with little activity till you know for sure what the issue is with his leg. As for the allergies, have you done a full screen blood work for allergies - so you know all his allergens? it will help you know what not to give him.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
heres a video of him walking. hes acting kinda depressed now and just laying around :( tomorrow morning cant come soon enough

youtube.com/watch?v=c293a7Lwgfk

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh I hope it is nothing serious, make sure to keep us updated tomorrow. Tank has the same exact allergies as Vegas. What food did you switch him too? It took Vegas about 4 weeks for us to notice a difference when we switched him to grain free, no chicken diet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.