For the love of bob. Tapeworms really

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh lord, you have certainly had one crisis after another!! I live 10 minutes from the beach, the only requirement for me to adopt you and Tyson is the worms have got to go!! Do you have any family members near you?? I would ask a HUGE favor and have them come over and have a cleaning party.? You should not be inhaling bleach!!

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
If it looks like rice, it is tapeworms. However the "rice"u see is a segment of the tapeworm, not tje entire worm nor eggs. We went througj this with my cat and boston. The tapeworm is still alive in there and will pass dead when u woem him. Hope this makes u feel some better. Just clean really good and get med asap

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, geesh.....I told you guys we needed to find that stinking voodoo doll! Do you believe me yet??? lol

At any rate, the first thought in my mind was THANK GOD you have him now and can get him healthy. The second thought was oh, gross. lol

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I think Gross has bee the theme of my week !

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I think Gross has bee the theme of my week! [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] We get the dewormer tomorrow. I'll see you in a week.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION], just don't bring them pesky worms!! See you in a week!!!!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I know Garlic is for pin worms and dogs don't get those. I am not sure if it works on other worms. When Bella was small and losing weight, one concern was tapeworms. The vet didn't seem to be concerned about us at all, led me to believe we were safe. She just gave Bella medicine and told me how to look for them, Rice looking sections.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
The tape worm is usually carried by a flea. The small pcs. of rice can be bits of the tape worm. An adult tape worm lives in the stomach and can be very large if your pet has had the worm for a long time. It eats the nutrients that your pet gets out of the food your pet eats. you will see these little pcs of worm after a bowl movement looking like they are stretching. sometimes hanging from the butt area. They are flat looking. The egg can't live on cool surfaces. Make sure that fleas are gone for sure. You can get over the counter worm medicine for your pet, you should follow directions and worm twice in a 5-10 day period. depending on the medicine you get.

Hope this helps some.

Been there done that, the best thing is to never have fleas.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
my boston has had tapeworms before and there was no concern by the vet for us so im thinking people are safe. my vet said they could come from a dead carcass and things like that. also my boys get a heartworm med now that covers the other worms such as you mentioned and tapeworms. so ask the vet about that heartworm med. my bostons get that one and sarah who does not eat dead things and such gets the regular heartworm meds. oh geez hon you and dog can come but no worms:nonono:

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] do you know what that med is called?I use sentinel and it does everything but tapeworms go figure. Luckly the 1 thing his previous owners did was keep him on heartworm meds and they used the same as I do so that made things pretty easy at least.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes [MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION] its called iverhart max. i believe its a generic for heartguard. it covers heartworms, roundworms, hookworms, and tapeworms. the boys get it as they tend to eat everything in site outside.

Last edited:

Members online