For the love of bob. Tapeworms really

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I'm about 99 percent sure Tyson has tapeworms. they look like small white rice. :barf: He is on sentinel so this takes care of hook , round and whip worms. I am now worried because people get tapeworms, ugh. He has had his fuzzy butt all over my house so there are probably a billion tapeworm eggs everywhere. The last thing I need while pregnant is tapeworms!! Does someone know how contagious these things are and if me and the kids all need to call the Dr. or am I over reacting. 1 crisis per week please . Btw I have called the vet and am waiting on a return call they were at lunch. I think i'll just need to take in a sample.

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
also [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] please dont post that:pics: cause it ain't happening:tongue:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
are you freakin kidding?? I think the 'worms' that are in the poo are not tapeworm... I'm searching now

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH.. ok, it can be tape... lordie -- get the bleach out and you may be going to your doctor

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I quit! Up for adoption 1 housebroken adult female must adopt both her and her dog

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I quit! Up for adoption 1 housebroken adult female must adopt both her and her dog

Is there a form to fill out and a restriction on distance?

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Prefers a home close to the beach. lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I wouldn't do that!!!!!!!!! ;)
I think you need to see 1.) a vet and 2.) your Dr.~~!!!

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Has he had a fecal test for parasites? Prevention meds are not always enough if they already have them. I know hookworms can be a nightmare and costly to treat. I would get him to the vet right away. The test is not expensive...the treatment could be more costly depending on what he has.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh. Well at least you can say you arent bored right?!?! :D Sorry have to try and look at the bright side for you. I know this wont help any really but in the meantime I remember our vet told my mom when I was young to get rid of worms to sprinkle garlic powder over the dog food. I know they say garlic is bad but I do think it is the raw garlic more than just powder. I would be eating a lot of garlic if I were you and the fur kid too. lol I know this isnt funny but thought that may help a bit?

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
@cali~jen I love garlic so .. it can't hurt right? Dinner tonight is Italian! The vet called me back and said to bring in a sample and that they are contagious to people but mostly only if we aren't washing our hands when we touch poop or if we were using his dog bed as a dinner table:barf: I see the dr next week so I will mention it. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] that is certainly close enough!!! I used drive farther for work! How soon can we make this happen?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
we have a road trip to Chicago coming up this month... we can swing by then

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.