sammys eyes

nybadboy11

Aug 10, 2011
My sammy has one eye that keeps on running and it has a odor to it Im really not sure if its a prob to bring him to vet or not what does everone think?:pray:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Sounds like an eye infection if it smells. It could be a lot of things actually. I would take him to the vet. Should be a pretty cheap visit just if it's just an infection. Probably give you some ointment. It will clear it right up, If it's something else it's best to find out asap and get it treated before it gets worse. I would suspect maybe allergies but that would be both eyes.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm with Dozersmama on this one; particularly if you're doing everything possible to keep that eye dry and clean and it's just not working. Could be a plethora of things. Best to consult your vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed... get to the vet. Probably just an infection as dozersmama stated, but don't wait on it

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Agree on the vets visit as well. Probably a quick fix but you dont wanna let an infection spread. I have personally been dealing with an eye infection/clogged tear duct for months and is now very painful. Imagine if a bully had it get so painful we wouldnt know.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I would never mess with an eye problem. Strait to the vet for us. I hope you decided to take him in. It could be many things. Let us know how it goes.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
yep I agree with the others.. Duke had this a few weeks ago.. it was conjuntivities.. they gave him some eye gel anitbiotic and it cleared up right away .. keep us posted!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online