Bella the Bully part 2

OP
N

NE Bully

Sep 27, 2011
Wife got home last night and saw this on Bella.
imagejpeg952_7.jpg

New spot, wife is taking her to the vet for 11:00 am appt. Hope to find out exactly what I am up against with her. I feel awful that she is going through this but with such little info to go on, I can only hope the vet finds out what it is.

*************UPDATE**************
Wife just left the vet, he gave Bella some Pregnazone, a shot for Sarcoptic Mange, Demodex came up negative but he said Sarcoptic is tougher to see under a scope so I had him treat Bella anyways. I also got some anti fungal, antiseptic shampoo for her, and he said that we should not introduce her gradually with the better food we bought, he said to switch her over 100% immediately???

170 dollars, money well spent.

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Sarcropic Mange is contagious so be very careful if that is what he thinks it could be. I don't think it is a bad idea to just switch. She might have an upset tummy for a few days though. The skin does look irritated in that picture so I would doubt alopecia. I would think either the mange or allergies. What is the treatment for the mange? $170 is not too bad for what you got. I would be pleased too!

Boy is she lucky she has you! Good job!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Sherry Holy cow! I didn't know bullies could have that many pups in a single litter! And all of them survived. That's awesome! Is there somewhere I can go back and look at the puppies? I'm sure you must have shared pics here (or have been scolded for not doing so...heh heh)

099.jpg005.jpg003.jpg

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,
there are some very good opinions and advice. Not much else to offer. I need to re-read some of them and then I have some other product suggestions.
Be back later,

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Wife got home last night and saw this on Bella.
imagejpeg952_7.jpg

New spot, wife is taking her to the vet for 11:00 am appt. Hope to find out exactly what I am up against with her. I feel awful that she is going through this but with such little info to go on, I can only hope the vet finds out what it is.

*************UPDATE**************
Wife just left the vet, he gave Bella some Pregnazone, a shot for Sarcoptic Mange, Demodex came up negative but he said Sarcoptic is tougher to see under a scope so I had him treat Bella anyways. I also got some anti fungal, antiseptic shampoo for her, and he said that we should not introduce her gradually with the better food we bought, he said to switch her over 100% immediately???

170 dollars, money well spent.

Yes indeed that looks much worse then earlier pictures, wow, she's so lucky to have you two.