Gas....and more gas......

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Does anyones bullys have days where they have constant gas? Tank was doin really good and now the past 2 days he has constant gas so bad that my cats are running him out of whatever room they want to be in... earlier he actually got up and went downstairs after passing gas and then the kids made him come back upstairs after we heard "tank bomb open the door!" I feel bad cause he always sleeps with me but I've banned him to his bed tonightwhich is at the foot of mine. Although momma may just give in and get a gas mask if he don't stop wining to get up here :(. Is there anything we can do to slow down his production of gas? We switched him to limited ingredient/ grain free a week ago could he still be adjusting? You know its bad when his gas wakes him up from a snoring slumber and he leaves the room

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He could still be adjusting, but if it does not settle quick I would try a different food! What food did you switch to? Any treats besides the food?

boomsboo

Boomsboozed
Community Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Southern California
Country
U.S.
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (11/3/09 - 8/4/17), Max (Became Part of the Family 8/17/17
I am having the same issue as you! I just switched my Tank (my bulldog is named Tank as well!) to a different food and he's got really bad gas right now as well! I agree with desertskybulldogs, it's probably from the switch. But if you don't see a change I would try another one. I was worried about it too but as the days have gone on Tank has gotten better and isn't tooting so much.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
if the food is suiting your tanks then leave him on it ,the gas may pass,swapping foods could cause worse problems than just gas,karen

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He is on natural balance limited ingredient grain free sweet potato and venison and his treats are the same but are bison. Its horrible right now poor tank was banned from our room by the hubby. Woke up and tank was sleepin in our doorway :(

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i would give it a couple more days and if it doesnt settle down i think i would consider switching again. did you do the switch slow? sometimes if you switch to fast it can cause this. also are you feeding him to much? sometimes to much food can cause problems. i hope he gets better soon.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
It seems that Bo's gas problem chicken related. So far: no more chicken: no more excessive smelly gas. He still farts - because I can hear them - but it's nothing like the repeating barn burners that they were before.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
the vet said no need since we were using the same brand before. could that be causing this? hopefully it goes away soon. im running out of air freshening spray :*(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That can be true with certain foods, depending on the differences in ingredients. But by brand- no. Many brands have 3 or more levels of quality. What was he on before?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have found that chicken and grains make mine get stinky. Could also be the transition. I would wait a bit before switching again.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
so how is he now? could be just from going from grains to grain free. also maybe stop the treats till he gets straightened out with the gas. if it doesnt settle down soon may have to try maybe different protein with potato. hopefully he will settle down soon. let us know how it goes.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
it seems to be a little better this morning so hopefully that's a good sign that he won't be so stinky now

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online