Reddish/brown stuff in tail area!

erin7777777

Sep 24, 2011
I do not want to go to the vet unless absolutely necessary as it is sooo expensive! My 2 and half year old english bulldog has reddish/brownish stuff coming from where her tail would be, not her bum and she rubs it along the carpet IT IS REALLY BOTHERING HER! Our new white carpet is getting ruined! HELP!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can you post a picture? Could be an infection of some type

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They are tough to see, but it could be an infection. i know vet visits are expensive, everything about owning a bulldog is expensive but you should get it look at so it does not turn in to something that will be more costly. In the mean time, try neosporin. Where are you locate? You can check the vet recommendation page for some good vets.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
maybe the tail pocket is infected?? i can't tell if ur dog has a tight tail but mine does. i baby wipe several times a day to clean out the pocket. and the vet said if it gets infected neosporin....to dry it out to keep it from getting infected corn starch

Susan McGivney

Jul 8, 2011
Dutchess County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
maybe the tail pocket is infected?? i can't tell if ur dog has a tight tail but mine does. i baby wipe several times a day to clean out the pocket. and the vet said if it gets infected neosporin....to dry it out to keep it from getting infected corn starch

I agree. I clean my Lily's tail pocket once or twice a week with baby wipes, then dry. She loves when I clean it and goes crazy. Lots of hair and dirt comes out when you clean it!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.