Bumps, Bumps and More Bumps (Update)

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I can't believe it I can't get on here as much as I use to! It just seems like life is getting away from me...running, running, running.

I just wanted to give an update on Tubs' bump situation. He has been getting a few more bumps, but I noticed that they are getting bigger. This week we also noticed that he has had an upset stomach. Gas, pooping 3+ times a day and a gurgly stomach. I finally said enough is enough and we need to take him to the vet. Well, since I was working I sent the hubby, with a big yellow note to the vet explaining everything. I called to find out how they made out and this is what I got from the hubby, "he has to take some $80 medicine for 10 days and he needs to go back in 7 for a follow up." All I can say is don't send a man to do a woman's job!!!! :ROFL:

After digging some more :detective: I found out that the medication was not $80, the entire trip, visit and meds cost $80. I also found out that he is either allergic to something or has a bacterial infection....I got both responses from my husband. I also found out that he did not make is follow up appointment....because he didn't know he had to. Hmmmmm, does your vet just let you walk in 7 days later saying "we"re here!!!" :nonono: So I called the vet today and scheduled his appointment for a time that me, myself and I can take him. I also asked what exactly was going on and the receptionist said the vet would have to call me back. So all I know is that he has to take these meds and I have to take him back on Thursday! I have no idea what is wrong and if what they are treating his skin for is what is upsetting his stomach!!!! UGH!!!!!:cursing:

So now you know why I haven't been on lately...I have to do it all!!!!!:blush2: As soon as I find out what exactly is going on with Tubs I will let you all know! Don't worry I won't send the husband to let you know.....now if was sports related....that's another story......

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
He did all the right things.... I dont see the issue here....
:whistle:

Hope Tubs gets better soon .. :D

I knew I would enrage the male population on here.....:tease:

The one thing I did find out though....only because it was on the receipt.....Tubs is now 11 months old and 62.2 lbs! :luv:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
UGH... men, never seem to dissappoint - as long as you do not expect much.

Hope Tubs is doing better and the bumps are nothing serious. are the bumps dry/flaky or under the skin?

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
UGH... men, never seem to dissappoint - as long as you do not expect much.

Hope Tubs is doing better and the bumps are nothing serious. are the bumps dry/flaky or under the skin?

Dry and flaky. They started out small on his back. Then he got them on his belly, thighs and groin area. Now they are about the size of a quarter or bigger.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If he is also losing hair... it could be a staph infection. Did the vet say anything about that, er, um, nevermind on that question. Call your vet and ask if it could be staph.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my sounds like when my bf takes sarah in or the boys and i dont go. so what did she say? um got some meds to take for 10 days. okay but what did she say? um i dunno got something. what are the meds? um corospotin whatever. lol i know how you feel believe me. well it seems like whatever it is is treatable and wont be to bad. let us know the real story when you find out. hugs from sarah and me

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
If he is also losing hair... it could be a staph infection. Did the vet say anything about that, er, um, nevermind on that question. Call your vet and ask if it could be staph.
Lol.....that post made me laugh! The vet didn't call me back today, so I am going to try her again in the morning and find out what is going on! I am concerned, but her is acting like his normal self. If he was acting sick I would have taken off of work and taken him back in myself! I will let everyone know what is going on when I find out. Thank you for the suggestion...I will ask when I get in touch with the vet!

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
oh my sounds like when my bf takes sarah in or the boys and i dont go. so what did she say? um got some meds to take for 10 days. okay but what did she say? um i dunno got something. what are the meds? um corospotin whatever. lol i know how you feel believe me. well it seems like whatever it is is treatable and wont be to bad. let us know the real story when you find out. hugs from sarah and me
Thanks for the well wishes....I will definitely let you know what is going on when I find out!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hey, watch it about the men stuff. I resemble those remarks :ROFL: any way hope Tubs feels better soon. :)

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
Here are 2 pictures I took of his boo boos.......

Attachments

• 047.jpg
    047.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 115

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awww. Poor Tubs. I am dying to know what this is.
*mentally kicking your hubby in the shin**

BaileysDad

Sep 24, 2011
Ayr, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Hi, i am leaving for our vet in a matter of minutes and it looks like it is for the same exact thing. Description and looks (from pic) are exactly the same. Bailey just finish 2 weeks of meds and it has gotten worse. So hopefully ill have an answer today, cause i am extremely scared for her. This is my first bully. Will keep posted as soon as i get back.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online