Bumps, Bumps and More Bumps (Update)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi, i am leaving for our vet in a matter of minutes and it looks like it is for the same exact thing. Description and looks (from pic) are exactly the same. Bailey just finish 2 weeks of meds and it has gotten worse. So hopefully ill have an answer today, cause i am extremely scared for her. This is my first bully. Will keep posted as soon as i get back.

Good luck... I'm sure it will be not serious. fingers crossed for you

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
seriously, what is it with men? I had mine call the vet the other day to let them know what was going on with Brooke because I was in class all day and the vet would be closed by the time I got out. He called but I asked what they said about it and what tests they were going to do and all he said was like "Well, maybe YOU should have called" :cursing: Is it that hard to communicate with people? And it's funny that your visit was $80, my boyfriend was like "Ugh, now we have to spend another $80 to take her back to the vet!!! (after her spay last week)" And it ended up being NO CHARGE because it was just a quick check to make sure everything was okay. I loved rubbing that in his face afterwards.

Last edited:
OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
seems to look like ringworm?
I don't think it is ringworm. His boo boos clear up and he gets new ones. These are the latest ones. I think ring worm takes a while and ends up in one spot????? the vet also checked him and didn't mention that maybe because he has little spots all ove his back. I don't know and the vet still hasn't called me back. She is usually good about that so I am thinking she never got my message. I will try again monday!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yea... leaning more toward staph... our vet had told us it was common in bulldogs, then again, what health issue is not common in our babies?

BaileysDad

Sep 24, 2011
Ayr, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Well i just got back from the vet, and it turns out it is exactly what i didn't want it to be. Demodex, $250 later i now know what it is and have meds. But the vet said she wouldn't bread her, and said i should have her spayed. I am so upset about this.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well i just got back from the vet, and it turns out it is exactly what i didn't want it to be. Demodex, $250 later i now know what it is and have meds. But the vet said she wouldn't bread her, and said i should have her spayed. I am so upset about this.

Once they have it they can pass it on to all the pups. Sorry

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I am so sorry! Tubs had a skin scrapping a few months back and everything came back fine at that time. I think our vet is going to do that again if these meds don't help him. Best wishes for a seedy recovery....sloppy kisses from Tubs!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.