Dewclaws?

mandyjo

Jun 24, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I was painting Lola's nails today and I noticed she has dewclaws in the front. Is this normal? I feel awful for just now noticing

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
are those the th:umb looking ones? Yes they are very normal. they have 4 toes and 5 fingers. my vet pointed that out when we first got stig. :

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes.. totally normal

Donna LeBlanc

Jul 7, 2011
East Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Punkie Brewster
I thought the same thing about my girl, Punkie Dewclaws? Aren't they supposed to be removed? Our vet said they don't remove dewclaws on Bulldogs. My Boxer had hers removed so I asked the vet what the determining factors are for removal. He explained that Bulldogs are not sporting dogs and they don't need them removed because they probably will never be out in the woods hunting and running so their dewclaws aren't at risk for being torn or ripped off while running in overgrown vegetation. The only way my Bullie would be out in the wood running around is if she was running after me...she is my shadow! On the other hand, Maggie the Boxer...she would love to be running in the woods after rabbits and squirrels! LOL

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
We would have them removed from our pugs due to the bulge in the eye and the high probability of scratching their eyeballs. I am contemplating having Arwen's removed when she is fixed, even though I doubt she would scratch her eyeball, since she'll be under & I can get 2 birds and all. :D

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes my vet also said in bulldogs they dont remove them. I didnt know any better cuz my pug came with his removed already so I thought maybe it was common? I didnt know the reason tho so thanks [MENTION=2728]Donna LeBlanc[/MENTION] :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online