Tysons vet visit

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
We just got back from the longest vet visit ever. He has an auto immune disorder called kcs it destroyed his tear ducts and made his tear production 0. It also caused scaring which has severly affected his vision in his right eye. His left eye isnt as bad bu has mild distichia. The good news Is no entropian they dont believe. Just swelling from the other issues. He also has a double ear infection and a skin infection which they think might be staff.also we are waiting for allergy test results. He does not need surgery just drops for the rest of his life. We left the vet with 3 antibiotics ear meds eye ointment and are waiting for another eye med from a compounding pharmacy to come in the mail. He is also ten pounds over weight. Hopefully soon my puppy will be right as rain and much more comfortable.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good news - no surgery! You have some work ahead of you with him, but he has a great home now and will be all set in no time.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Poor baby! See what fools he had for owners..and not verb honest either! Thank goodness you rescued him! It probably seems overwhelming..but in the scheme of things...all manageable! :hug: to you....you got him for a reason...:love:

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
So no cataracts? Scarring could cause that bluish haze.
Lucy has dry eye (kcs) and she is well controlled on her eyedrops. If I had to guess they put him on either tacrolomis or cyclosporin. I believe you will find Tyson will begin to get relief once you give the drops on a regular basis.
10 pounds? Thats a lot! Sounds like you have a good plan. He is so lucky to have you!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
God Bless you, his love will repay you 10 fold. :smoochwink:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=1665]dozersmama[/MENTION], you are a great bully mama! The little guy will be good as new in no time. Like Becky said, it probably feels overwhelming but things are heading in the right direction...just take it step by step, day by day. Lots of hugs to you and your boy!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Vegas stew. Check it out. It might make him feel a lot more satisfied during the change in food. Plus...you can give it to him as often as you want. With Vegas and Orion...no gas. I just 'stewed' the heck out of it before feeding it to them.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm glad all the issues that were found are treatable with meds. He will be good to go real soon.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie is using Optimmume ointment to treat her dry eye. It's only been a couple of weeks and it is showing vast improvement. I believe the vet said that this med actually induces the tear ducts to produce more tears. She may need it forever but he said that after a month he will check her tear production again and we may be able to go to once a day instead of twice. The lower eye lid that was curling in is no longer doing that so the hairs on it are no longer irritating her eye. I wonder if Tyson will end up with a similar treatment???

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Thank goodness Tyson came to you!!! He sure needed you, that poor baby. You'll have him all better in no time. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I was looking on the other thread for an update and missed this one!! Hurray no surgery !! and I agree his love will repay you threefold! and you are such a good bullymommie... Hang in there. so happy you got good news.. ( alot of work , but good news). ps. like [MENTION=2099]LucysMum[/MENTION] duke has to have eye drops for dry eye as well..

give him big hugs from us!! and just think in no time he will be feeling much better! :yes:

OP
dozersmama

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Even without the other eye med which hasn't arrived yet, Tyson's eyes are so much better. I'm so happy to see him start improving. I can't wait til the other meds arrive =)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad no surgery, that's great news. He is a luck boy to have you, and as everyone has said it seems like a lot now, but it will be worth it in the long run with the love he will give you. Big hugs to him and you.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh im so happy he is getting better already. thats such good news. gosh it seems good you got him when you did. doesnt seem like they took such good care of him but you will. i cant wait to see pics of his improvement. cant wait to hear stories of his antics when hes better.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.