Thread: glucosamine?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default glucosamine?

What does everyone give for glucosamine supplements? I used to give the synovi g3 brownie bites and the boys LOVED them although they werent cheap. That company went under and I never replaced with something else. I have seen other ones that look the same but have no idea if they are any good or not. I know being that they are 4 they really need to be supplemented but not sure what to use now.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: glucosamine?

I've been thinking about this lately, glad you brought it up! I'm not sure what to use either. After Samson had orthopedic surgery on his broken leg I was told he would have some degree of arthritis in that leg at some point no matter what. I started him on some glucosamine treats but stopped when his allergies started up because they had grain in them. Never found a replacement. I'd be interested to see what other products people like. I am sure it is a good idea for any bulldog because I know so many get arthritis.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Yes it is a good idea and with the hip problems they get too can only help. Cutty has been limping the last few days so this has got me thinking about it. I think it goes away and then he will wake up and limp again. He has no reaction to us checking his paws or playing with his leg or hiop so I figure he must have just twisted something. Once he gets going in the day he seems to stop the limping so I dont think it is anything serious. I do have anti-inflamatory med for him from a while back, maybe a dose of that may help? Cant hurt to try I suppose.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yeah I bet it isn't anything serious either, anti-inflammatory sounds like a good idea. I get the Dr. Fosters & Smith catalogs and they have a bunch of different glucosamine products for different needs and ages. I think I will probably get something from there.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Yes I get those also but I havent in a while now that I think of it. Will have to look online and see what I find.

Remove Ads