glucosamine?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
What does everyone give for glucosamine supplements? I used to give the synovi g3 brownie bites and the boys LOVED them although they werent cheap. That company went under and I never replaced with something else. I have seen other ones that look the same but have no idea if they are any good or not. I know being that they are 4 they really need to be supplemented but not sure what to use now.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I've been thinking about this lately, glad you brought it up! I'm not sure what to use either. After Samson had orthopedic surgery on his broken leg I was told he would have some degree of arthritis in that leg at some point no matter what. I started him on some glucosamine treats but stopped when his allergies started up because they had grain in them. Never found a replacement. I'd be interested to see what other products people like. I am sure it is a good idea for any bulldog because I know so many get arthritis.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes it is a good idea and with the hip problems they get too can only help. Cutty has been limping the last few days so this has got me thinking about it. I think it goes away and then he will wake up and limp again. He has no reaction to us checking his paws or playing with his leg or hiop so I figure he must have just twisted something. Once he gets going in the day he seems to stop the limping so I dont think it is anything serious. I do have anti-inflamatory med for him from a while back, maybe a dose of that may help? Cant hurt to try I suppose.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Yeah I bet it isn't anything serious either, anti-inflammatory sounds like a good idea. I get the Dr. Fosters & Smith catalogs and they have a bunch of different glucosamine products for different needs and ages. I think I will probably get something from there.

OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes I get those also but I havent in a while now that I think of it. Will have to look online and see what I find.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.