Hi-ho, hi-ho, back to the vet we go...

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Chaos last day of simplicef was yesterday, and his tummy still looks nasty. Most is somewhat drying up but he still has alot of "angry" places too. Curious to see what we do now. Will update when the hubby and him gets back. I'm sorta not feelin great so he took him today. I kept telling him what to ask and what to say and to make sure he listens, cause when I ask questions I want full details.....he was getting mad at me so he said i'm gonna record it so you know whats said, lol :ROFL:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor Chaos, hope the vet visit goes OK and he will get better soon. As far as the recorder your hubby said he is going to use, I need to get one of them too. :ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OK, you laugh at the recording thing, but my b/f is so paranoid about missing something that if he can not go with me to the vet... I have to call him and put it on speaker phone so he can participate in the visit from work!!! Can I tell you how hard my vet and I laugh once we hang up??

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
@2BullyMama that was what he first suggested :) They are home and the vet sent off a sample of his hair for a ringworm test. He said he is sure its not, but he wants to rule everything out 100%. They did a skin scraping and no demodex, so yay! He said since it doesnt itch or he doesnt lick it, he thinks it some type of a fungal or skin irritation. He said if it was allergy related he would be licking and scratching. However we were told about Dr Davis and that he was an excellent bully vet, so he went there today. Don't get me wrong, I like my usual vet, but he did no tests or nothing, just said staph and gave antibiodics. TWICE> So we just felt better with this visit. He doesn't think its staph either. Anyway, we are waiting on the culture and he gave him cephalexin 500mg twice a day for 10 days and ketoconazole 200 mg 3/4 tablet once a day for 14 days but wants to see him back for a recheck in 10 days just to see if this is helping. As well as continue the shampoo for previously. Also he suggested selsun blue for his dryness. pray this works. He said he is very healty, just need this irriataion to clear up an go away.

the paper says they did a dermatology test as well as cytology exam and a fungal culture. so it should definately tell us if it is fungal :)

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Another Selsen Blue user......that company needs to be contacted about doing a bulldog ad and sponsorship on EBN they get mentioned so much. Hope it helps for Chaos. Glad to hear it doesn't seem to bother him though too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.