Tight corkscrew tail in a DEEP pocket...HELP!

LoveMyBullyBoy

Sep 12, 2011
Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Gravy
I have always had the understanding that you should NEVER use cornstarch on any yeast rash, as it can make it worse. It's a vegetable product and yeast will feed on it. That's the basic rule for baby diaper rashes... don't use cornstarch just in case it's yeast... so I can assume the same logic can be applied to a doggy butt. I'm sure many have used cornstarch with no issues, but I do know it may potentially cause a bigger problem.
I personally use an athelete's food powder. It comes in a nice little bottle w/ a small flip up spout that fits perfectly into the tail pocket. :yes:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I have always had the understanding that you should NEVER use cornstarch on any yeast rash, as it can make it worse. It's a vegetable product and yeast will feed on it. That's the basic rule for baby diaper rashes... don't use cornstarch just in case it's yeast... so I can assume the same logic can be applied to a doggy butt. I'm sure many have used cornstarch with no issues, but I do know it may potentially cause a bigger problem.
I personally use an athelete's food powder. It comes in a nice little bottle w/ a small flip up spout that fits perfectly into the tail pocket. :yes:

Hmm....it has worked for me but I surely see the logic and will take the info into consideration. Thank you!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

I thank you for that information! If it is really yeast, there are many published articles that state that cornstarch will actually feed it. If it is just sore or moist, it won't I suppose!

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
[MENTION=701]Maximus[/MENTION]..Are you a VET? ..why do you emphasize VET so much?...just curious because I've reread some of your posts and it's almost like you take exception to advice given if NOT from a VET!! There are many VETS who don't have half the experience on bulldogs that a lot of people that post here do..no one is saying NOT to go to their VET..but we can and do learn from each other.

WOW! I guess you told me, didn't you ! Very nice. Very nice indeed.

harlowsmama

Apr 17, 2010
One out of my two have corkscrew...i have found that hibiclens soap (they use this pre/post surgeries) slightly diluted on a baby washcloth, then dry and apply gold bond powder...i also use a bottle to apply it gets way in and have started trimming the hair. It works well.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
WOW! I guess you told me, didn't you ! Very nice. Very nice indeed.
That's not what was intended at all! Sometimes the way we say things infer unintended reactions. I was just wondering what you were and have been trying to say..no I'll will intended...I would NEVER disrespect you...I don't even know you! Just not sure what you were trying to say. :peace:

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
That's not what was intended at all! Sometimes the way we say things infer unintended reactions. I was just wondering what you were and have been trying to say..no I'll will intended...I would NEVER disrespect you...I don't even know you! Just not sure what you were trying to say. :peace:

To set your mind at ease, No, I am not a VET. I am an R.N. . . .

I will never post the word "VET" again in any post since it appears to set alot of people off around here !

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie doesnt have an issue as her tail is free flowing so no pocket issues,but my previous bullys had screw tails,i used to wipe with a baby wipe and dry with kitchen towel then put nappy rash cream on,i only did this every other day as i found that it didnt dry out if i constantly cleaned,i do the same with annies face ,i used sudocrem ,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.