Help lose stools

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Hey Bullie lover's,
I am starting to get worried. My little Uni has the runs. This is day three. The last two nights were bad, to say the least. She had to get up about six times a night and go out to go potty. And this morning there were lots of presents on the floor. She didn't have time to make it to the door. She has been drinking lots of water. And has a normal apatite. I have read lots of remides to help constipation but have not seen any thing about lose stools. What can I try before I rush her to the vet??

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Maybe you are feeding Uni too much...

When I first got Jack at 8 months old I fed him 4 cups a day.
He pooo was kinda runny... I cut back to 3 cups and a couple days later his stool was just right.! Just the way I like it.!
:ROFL:

Also, what type of food are you giving him.? Canned food has always made my pets stool runny..

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
May also try some pumpkin to help settle the tummy and you can also give some Pepto. If it does not get better soon I would call the vet to make sure she does not get dehydrated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We give Immodium AD.. i forget the dosage, I have it at home. Sorry, but call the vet and ask how much you can give based on your baby's age/weight.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I agree with the pumpkin..NOT the pie filling..just canned pumpkin..a heaping spoonful in her kibble will help quickly. Once you get it under control..you need to find out why! She could have a parasite..even Gardia..which is serious and hard to get rid of. Don't let it go on too long! A food change might be in order too!

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
So I Have been feeding her pumpkin for a couple of days now. It has gotten better but not back to normal yet. I am planing on a food switch too. But am trying to get through a big bag of food before making the change, finally close to the end. I have also been giving her coconut juice, no sugar added, 100% coconut water, about 1/4 of a cup at each meal. To help keep her hydrated and give electrolytes. SHE LIKE IT! Of coarse, the little piggy! This is OK?

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
feed natural balance L.I.D.....salmon kind is what I used along with Solid Gold Sea Meal sprinkled on food and Gentle Digest tablets .....worked instantly!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
So I Have been feeding her pumpkin for a couple of days now. It has gotten better but not back to normal yet. I am planing on a food switch too. But am trying to get through a big bag of food before making the change, finally close to the end. I have also been giving her coconut juice, no sugar added, 100% coconut water, about 1/4 of a cup at each meal. To help keep her hydrated and give electrolytes. SHE LIKE IT! Of coarse, the little piggy! This is OK?
I have no experience with the coconut juice..but I'm thinking it isn't helping her situation. You will find as you try and get her on a good food that agrees with her...you often have to give up on a bag of food...now..you will need some of the old mixed with the new to do a proper transition..otherwise she will get problems AzlL over again..it should take 10 days to 2 weeks to transition to a new food. I hope you have some of the old left...if you do a search on food changes..you can read all about how important a slow change is for your girl.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm not sure about the coconut juice too. When I try to coax my bully to drink, I put a little maybe a table spoonful of chicken stock in his water. Some members here use pedialyte as well.

OP
mendomama

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
I will transition slowly. I just didn't want to waste a bunch of food, and until now there was no real urgent reason to change over. I figured the coconut couldn't be bad, because it is so good for hydration.

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I don't think it is a bad idea but until belly is settled and bowels are 100 % normal I think bland and simple are the best way to go..keep us posted she is so precious! :luv:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.