cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
What kind of water do you all give your bullys? I've always given mine regular tap water but lately, Tate's skin around his eyes have been more red than usual and his wrinkly folds on his face are also redder. I've been reading that tap water contains elements that may be contributing to skin problems in bulldogs particularly and it's been recommended to have them drink bottled or filtered or purified water.

Anyone have experience(s) with this? I'm willing to make the switch if this will help with Tate's tear stains.:hmm:

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
I use a Zero Water pitcher for me & Arwen - the water here is almost undrinkable, and that's not an exaggeration.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
tap water...

When Jack was ill last week, thinking it was an upset stomach a family member told me to drop a cut lemon inside his water Jug.

I wonder if lemon juice (citric) is bad for dogs ?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We give them filtered water, we have a whole house filter. Don't like the chlorine.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I use PUR filter on my sink faucet. I even got the one with the flavor - you press a button and a squirt of flavor gets added to the water. I love it. All my pets except the fish drink this water. It's not too expensive either - you can get a 2-pack of replacement filters at Target for $25. And, each filter lasts quite a while (over 3 months) even when it's my main source of drinking water for me and the pets. I don't like drinking cold water from the fridge door.

It's worth the investment, I think.

LucysMum

Mar 26, 2011
S. New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
+1 on zero water filtered water for Lucy. That or bottled water. I never gave her tap water so I don't have any real life experience on this for comaprrison--but friends of mine swear that when they switched to filtered water (from tap) they saw amazing improvements on tear stains. Can't hurt to try. Plus if you invest in a zero system (or something like it) it s really pretty cheap. (cheaper than bottled water)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie drinks what we drink.... tap water.... but Milwaukee has VERY good Lake Michigan water :)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

To update this thread and get some new info..........

What type of water to you give your Bulldog?

Tap
Filtered
Purified
R.O.

Curently I am using just tap water from the outside faucet. With 8 bulldogs I need to have (2) 3-gal buckets outside so they have plenty to drink from.
I want to get something to filter out minerals, hard water. Where I live is from well water that is VERY hard and very full of minerals and uky (yes...real word) taste.

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online