Scarlets cherry eye post surgery eye turned cloudy

paladin1369

May 3, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Scarlet
Hello Everyone,

Scarlet had her cherry eye removed Friday and her eye is cloudy and really swollen. She had the other eye done in may and this time it looks totally different.

My wife called the Vet twice and was told it was normal and would clear up. Just wanted to know if anyone else had this happen after the surgery and if so how long did it take to clear up.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stig had a partial removal not a complete removal done and the gland stayed swollen for about a couple of weeks. Even went to the vets for a checkup and she said everything was fine and gave us another gel to try. It was only after we massaged it back in that it stayed in.

Didn't get cloudy though. Do you mean her iris is cloudy or the whole eye itself? Sorry, not much help. If you can take a pic, maybe that'll give a clearer picture.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am not sure why it would be that way but I thought I would offer some "Get Well" wishes :)

OP
paladin1369

paladin1369

May 3, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Scarlet
Here are some pictures. It’s so hard to get a good shot of it. The milky color covers about ½ to ¾ of here iris.

Attachments

• 101_0072.jpg
    101_0072.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,185
  • 101_0077.jpg
    101_0077.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,179

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmm. I think it still being swollen is normal. Not sure what the cloudiness is all about though. I'm guessing it's a reaction from the drops they used on her or you're currently using. If you're still worried tomorrow I'd call the vet.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
have no experience with cherry eye but wanted to say i so hope its ok. let us know how its going.

OP
paladin1369

paladin1369

May 3, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Scarlet
Update..

Went to Vet and was told it was Corneal Edema and that it should go away on its own. That there was excessive moisture in the cornea because of the surgery and that causes the cloudy eye.

Will keep you updated.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Update..

Went to Vet and was told it was Corneal Edema and that it should go away on its own. That there was excessive moisture in the cornea because of the surgery and that causes the cloudy eye.

Will keep you updated.

Finally an answer so you can breathe. :) Hopefully it'll disappear soon.

OP
paladin1369

paladin1369

May 3, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Scarlet
Update....

Got a frantic call from the wife yesterday morning that Scarlet's eye is swollen shut and oozing green junk. Called the vet and he was in surgery and could not see her till the afternoon.

Got home and she looked awful, could not believe how much it changed overnight, it looked like a boxer after a losing fight.

All she wanted to do is sleep with me on the couch. Got to the vets office and she was shaking so bad that she peed all on my lap while the Dr was checking her. Had to put green dye in her eye and check it. Now he says she has Conjunctivitis and also a Corneal Ulcer.

I know this Doctor is supposed to be really good but I have a feeling he screwed up and won't admit it or we are just having really bad luck. It kills me to see her like that.

Will post updates when there is a change.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh no. Gonna pray that she'll be ok and that everything can be fixed in a jiffy. Big hugs to Scarlet and you and your fam.

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh, I hope they fix it right away. Let's hope she finds relief as soon as possible. Wonder why that happened. Hugs to you and your baby. Will pray for fast healing.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2326]paladin1369[/MENTION] - any updates for today? Any improvements?

OP
paladin1369

paladin1369

May 3, 2011
Jacksonville, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Scarlet
Sorry for the delay, I am in the Coast Guard and had Duty yesterday.

Scarlet's eye looks somewhat better. The swelling has gone down and she can open her eye now. The Iris is a funky color because of the drops. My stomach twists in knots when ever i look at her. i would take a Pic but her eyes are real sensitive to the light.

I pray this works or he said she will need to get shots to the eye and possibly sew it shut for a week.

We do not go back to the vet for another 2 days or so for a follow up.

If there are any changes l will post it as soon as possible. Thank you all so much for your well wishes for Scarlet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online