tummy aches

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
so we go to home depot early and come home and lex tries twice to poo and each time only one little dropping. ever since then he hasnt been feeling good and very restless. im thinkin hes probably consipated right now. hes been purched on his couch w the fan blowing on him cause hes breathing heavly. jeff sat w him and was rubbing his tummy and he let out a nasty fart, which i was hoping that would help him. right now he is cuddled up next to me which is very rare especially when i dont call him. what do yall do for a upset tummy? is peto ok?

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We have given our dogs a spoonful of pepto when their tummy is upset. I think it is okay as long as it doesn't have aspirin in it.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Great thanks :) we gave him some pepto and pecid since they work differently. Hes up in bed w me now and is sleeping away, hasn't moved since he Layed down lol.. Hopefully he'll feel better in The morning

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Well this morning he isn't feeling anybetter :( he doesn't wanna get and potty he's just curled up in his bed.. Ugh I don't wanna leave him today. Gonna have jeff grab some canned pumpkin today after he eats lunch w brooklyn..

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=1462]Biogirl71[/MENTION] as of yesterday before 7 he was.. After that he wouldn't leave our side :( before I left for work I tried giving him some more petpo but he was snoozing away and I couldn't get him to wake up for a bit to take it. He regularly is a very heavy sleeper but I can usually get him to go potty in the mornings then he goes straight to bed. Kinda worried at this point I told jeff to keep a eye on him, hopefully he'll get up then. I'll get jeff to watch him closely before he leaves for lunch

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Any updates? Hopefully whatever it was passed and he's feeling much better.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yesterday afternoon late, both dog's poo seemed too smooshy for my taste. (Did I just say "taste"? Ugh) They each got a half cup of cooked acorn squash with their Bison/Sweet Potato kibble and wow! This morning's creations were perfect enough to bronze and put on the mantle. Pumpkin has always worked great for us but squash works in a pinch! (No pun intended)

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Ok so when jeff got up about 1045 lex was still in his bed jeff did say he did stretch but didn't get up. He was in a hurry so we decided to just wait till noon when I got home. Well I get out of car and I hear that sweet lexter bark :) he was up walkin acting like his sweet self!! He was acting fine and he was begging while we ate lunch, which that told us a lot that he was feeling better :)... I come home after work and he's perched on the love seat, and jumps down and runs to me like he always does when I walk in.. The boys have been playing and nothing seems to be bothering him. Thanks guys for the suggestions and will keep them in mind for next time :)

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
He's his old self again!!! If it cools off by 7:45pm I'm gonna take him to watch his sisters softball game :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
YAY! You must have been posting your update at the same time I was asking. lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online