How long does it take for his wrinkles to go back to white?

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
So I have had such bad luck with Sulley and his food. His wrinkles are extremely discolored -a rust color. My vet suggested I make his food for a while. So he is now eating beef and some vegetables. His stools have gotten so much better, but his wrinkles are still discolored. I clean them and have tried cornstarch/peroxide, but the stain won't go away. How long do you think it will take?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
He may have some yeast issues. And you would need to treat that with something that will get rid of the yeast before the discoloration goes away.

OP
S

Sulley

Aug 25, 2011
Is there an over the counter medicine or does he need to go to the vet?

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
the discolouration may never fully go away but for any results to be seen it can take some time ,as long as they are not raw or smelly there isnt much you can do about a little tearing,on a dark faced bully you wouldnt notice it but white faced are a different matter,karen

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
filtered water also works well. When I switched mine to filtered water, Oliver's tear stains went almost completely away. He has one side that is bad now, but his allergies have been making his eyes super runny so I cleaned it with a mal-a-ket wipe and put some neo-predef powder on it.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
im starting JAck on Fromm's surf & turf next week.
Im hoping it will help with the tear stain..
Im only guessing here but I wouldnt expect a noticeable difference until 2 or 3 weeks later.....

Last edited:

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I switched food, filter their water and get a spa facial scrub from Carolina pet pantry. That stuff is unbelievable. One use and there is a major difference.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Spa facial scrub? I must have! (Says the woman that bought both Desitin and Stridex Gentle today, based on recommendations here) Bea had awful, awful tear stains when she was eating Origen dog food and switching to Bison Sweet Potato (Dick Van Patten's) has helped a great deal - but there are some still there - even with my psycho compulsive wrinkle wiping. One time, I got this fancy "Eyemunity" stuff from happytails.com. Expensive too; you put a little bit in the dog's food and then wipe with the accompanying pads. It did exactly zilch. :nope:

I've decided that until there's a miracle cure, I just have to live with a degree of them. *sigh*

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I used to apply Mal-A-Ket wipes in between Tate's folds which seemed to help. Found out my vet's office doesn't carry this anymore tho so may try Duxo pads instead. I'm also trying a little apple cider vinegar--putting about a teaspoon into his drinking water--to see if this will help w/the redness in his wrinkles and the tear stains.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
It seems to be a constant battle. We have some staining here too but until allergy season passes, I am kind of resigned to them. I am mostly just concentrating on keeping the yeast under control. Cleaning with some sort of "mal" solution will help and then drying super well and applying something to help keep it dry.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with GatorRay... always a battle especially during allergy season. Our girl was really bad, she is white, but the wrinkles were so dark for her first year. Then we found out what the allergies were (chicken among other things) changed her over to raw food and now they are white. However, during allergy season they are loaded with yeast and very red. We use Tresederm and corn starch.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Spa facial scrub? I must have! (Says the woman that bought both Desitin and Stridex Gentle today, based on recommendations here)

Welcome to the club. You know you're a bully owner when they have their very own cupboard full of aesthetic remedies. :ROFL:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Welcome to the club. You know you're a bully owner when they have their very own cupboard full of aesthetic remedies. :ROFL:

No kidding! I have a cupboard full lol. Different day, different DOG, different remedy lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Funny you should say that! Yesterday, I was peering into the "Dog Drawer", which is a square wicker basket measuring a foot square in one of those "organizer" bookshelf things like they have at Ikea and Target. I thought, "I'm going to take a picture of this because there is an INSANE amount of STUFF in there! It's FULL. I can no longer cram the kleenex-sized box of 'bully wipes' into the drawer. It has to sit on top now. Taking a pic of the drawer itself won't do it justice. I would have to take everything out to capture the insanity of it - but I won't. I'm too embarrassed by the sheer volume of crap in there. *snork*

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.