apple cider vinegar

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Well with sarah's yeast issues i was considering adding this to her canned food to see if it would help. i would like input from people who feed it to their dogs. is it really effective for yeast and is it worth trying to get the bully to ingest it as ive tasted it and it tastes awful. also ive seen the capsules would that be the same as the liquid. might be easier to get her to eat it. Any input would be appreciated.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have always been to rinse them with it after a bath to help with itching, but I don't see that it works enough to use it all the time. Coconut oil work for Abby, I get it to a liquid and then rub it on her yeast areas. If by chance is get licked, well it is okay for them to digest it. Most of Abby's yeast is on her neck and belly, so she can't reach it anyways.

H

heff101

Apple cider vinegar has many benefits but unfortunately killing yeast is not one of them.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I rinse Stig with white vinegar / water solution after every bath. We rinse all the soap off with water then rinse with the solution and dry with a towel. My vet advised me to do this but it was only until [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] mentioned that it was for to fight off yeast that I realized the reason for it.

I put about a tablespoon of acv in Stig's water daily, but mainly because it's a natural mosquito deterrent.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I read somewhere that if you add some apple cider vinegar into distilled water (for drinking), then this may help with tear stains and other skin issues, incl. things caused by yeast infxns. I'm thinking of trying this b/c Tate's tear stains seem to be getting a little worse lately.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i put it in annies food as she wont touch it when in water,it does deal with yeast ,yeast is a build up of carbs in the system so it needs to work internally as well as on the skin,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online