My poor Duke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
:( Today Duke has his appt at 2 for his eye ( other thread).. it looks much much better so hoping for good news but still wondering what the heck that was Monday night.

BUT last night out of the blue ( now Duke has seemed to have every issue bulldogs get BUT never anything with legs or hips) he was laying on the floor sleeping.. he heard me go to the kitchen and open the freezer he usually runs out for an ice cube, I heard my husband panic.. as he was coming out he was limping..seems like he hurt his back left leg???? this morning when he got up he limped bad but as he walked around seemed ok.. of course Duke being Duke he is his happy self but mommy is at the end of her rope

I called his normal vet and they told me to monitor it for 48 hours if it gets worse or no better by then to make an appt .. he seemed to think he sounds like a sprain.. duke was JUST xrayed for his stomach upset 3 weeks ago.

anyone experience this??

I LOVE DUKE with all my heart but my God I just feel like he gets hit with everything :( allergies, eye surgeries, tummy problems twice..

Ok done feeling sorry for myself.. thanks for listening. :cry:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Poor Duke and Poor Mom! Praying that it is nothing major.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Oh jeez! I'm Sorry for Duke! He probably just pulled something! They throw all caution aside when the refrigerator is involved..on the bright side..I'm sooo glad his eye seems better. I hope you get good news from the vet..but it will be interesting to see what it is...I think Duke should get to crawl up and sleep on YOUR bed until he goes to the doctor...you know..to help his boo boo! A nice soft bunky..and of course some handy treats nearby! Good luck today Karen....I'll be waiting to hear!

deegary

Jul 8, 2011
southport
Bulldog(s) Names
walter
oh you poor darling, you must be at the end of your wits with duke, he is a lovely dog and must be glad hes got a good mum and dad, my walter was doing the same thing a few weeks ago he slipped on the wet kitchen floor, chaseing a ball round the table.... next thing hes limping round the house... but after a few days it was fine, i do think that thay sprain there little legs easly, my friends dog did the same jumping off her bed...thets hope this will be the last thing for duke to go through

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
He probably just pulled a muscle by making a quick twitch once he heard the fridge door ... i've done that myself.! :lmao:

Keep us posted...... !

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson just sprained his leg Friday night after jumping off the couch. At first he wouldn't put any weight on it, the next morning before we went to the vet he started putting some weight on it. The vet prescribed rimadyl which helped alot. Now he is totally fine, no more limping. I am sure it will be the same case with Duke. I know how you feel, it can be very overwhelming to have a dog with so many issues. I have been through a whole bunch of stuff with Samson (a TON of allergy issues, ear infections, broken leg that needed orthopedic surgery, severe food poisoning that led to hospitalization, he swallowed a toy & he needed surgery to have it removed, now he's developed arthritis) and there were times I wanted to rip my hair out. But when I look at that sweet loving face and realize how much joy he has brought to my life it reminds why it's all worth it. Stay strong, stay positive, everything will be fine :)

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Samson just sprained his leg Friday night after jumping off the couch. At first he wouldn't put any weight on it, the next morning before we went to the vet he started putting some weight on it. The vet prescribed rimadyl which helped alot. Now he is totally fine, no more limping. I am sure it will be the same case with Duke. I know how you feel, it can be very overwhelming to have a dog with so many issues. I have been through a whole bunch of stuff with Samson (a TON of allergy issues, ear infections, broken leg that needed orthopedic surgery, severe food poisoning that led to hospitalization, he swallowed a toy & he needed surgery to have it removed, now he's developed arthritis) and there were times I wanted to rip my hair out. But when I look at that sweet loving face and realize how much joy he has brought to my life it reminds why it's all worth it. Stay strong, stay positive, everything will be fine :)

thank you so much

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Wow, you need to find that voodoo doll quick like [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION]. :D

How was Duke this morning? Hopefully it's just a cramp like normal people would get when they suddenly bolt.

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
Hi everyone.. update on Duke ( sorry just got to work and our computers weren't working last night to write in )
first of all everything does happen for a reason.. took Duke to opthamologist.. ( said Duke's vision and eyes are EXCELLENT! thank GOD!!! the red circle we were seeing was actually GONE yesterday when we took him but after a throrough exam he said Duke has built up scar tissue in his red eye which at times can cause a iredecent looking film over the eye or make it look discolored. but all and all he was VERY happy with Duke's eyes.. ( i was SO worried he was going blind! ) so he has to use a gel based drop and wet drops every day for 2 months to help with the dryness ( @Lucymum actually thought this may have been the problem..

Then after his visit the little nutball starting RUNNING yes running without a limp through the house?? the opthamoligst ( who is also a regular vet ha ha ) look at Duke's rear leg and told us no fracture or anything and it was not swollen.. said what you all told me he must have pulled something so no walks or steps for 4 days.. but this morning he wasn't limping at all.

so as embarrassing as it is ( I will be humble ) Duke is A - OKAY!! and MOMMIE and DADDY Are so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :luv:THANK YOU ALL for putting up with me !

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I was wondering about you two!! Great news ALL around....NOW..we just need some great news about a certain son...:hug: to you..and of course..our Duke!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
late to the thread, but so HAPPY to see it is all "A-OKAY" with the boy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.