Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scooting and its not the anal glands

Default Scooting and its not the anal glands

I have a 2 yr old English bully and it kills me to see her scoot. I had her anal glands expressed but she still scoots everyday. I'm thinking it may be her vagina, not her anus. Is anyone else having this issue? It's so painful to watch her. It's like she gets an itch and can't reach to scratch. I have even used diaper rash cream and sometimes it soothes her but not always. The vet can't tell me what's going on with her either.

Bulldog Spoiler Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tamara
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Scooting and its not the anal glands

Quote Originally Posted by lovemybully View Post
    I have a 2 yr old English bully and it kills me to see her scoot. I had her anal glands expressed but she still scoots everyday. I'm thinking it may be her vagina, not her anus. Is anyone else having this issue? It's so painful to watch her. It's like she gets an itch and can't reach to scratch. I have even used diaper rash cream and sometimes it soothes her but not always. The vet can't tell me what's going on with her either.
    Hi!! Yes it is her vagina. It is probably itching her. Clean it and put some cream on it. I use the Vagasil wipes on Matilda.

Who wouldn't love that face???

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Is her vagina have brownish reddish stuff on/around it? She could easily have a yeast infection in her lady parts, or even a yeasty itchy tail pocket?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Katie
    Likes (Received)

Katie is doing the same thing! Had her anal glands done a few weeks ago and she still scoots... even on the pavement. :/ I notice some brownish spots on my carpet. Could that be coming from her and that area?

Hi, I am having the same problem and I do not want to go to the vet unless absolutely necessary as it is sooo expensive! My 2 and half year old english bulldog has reddish/brownish stuff coming from where her tail would be, not her bum and she rubs it along the carpet! Our new white carpet is getting ruined! HELP!!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Could be the tail pocket infected.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Often times this is a sign of a Urinary Tract Infection. Some antibiotics will help
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

My female bully will be 3 yrs old next month on February 21st. She was scooting since she was a year old. I thought it was her tail pocket and so i had her tail docked. Turns out it was not. She still scoots everyday and i know it is not her anal glands bcuz i have had them expressed and she will scoot the very next day. I have taken her to the vet several times and he can't tell me what is wrong with her. It is SO painful to see her scoot and at times lets out a YELP. She looks at me like please help mommy. It's terrible! So i run to the bathroom, get a cottonball and clean her va-jay-jay with alcohol and it seems to sooth her but she still scoots everyday.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Did the dr check her va-jay jay for a possible UTI or a yeast problem? If it's not the tail pocker or anal glands...that would be my next guess. How long has this been going on for now? When you say tail docked...do you mean a tail amputation? And do you have an EB? Or An AB?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Poppy, Bunk
    Likes (Received)

Yikes sounds like yeasty privates. Try and keep it clean and dry, but if that continues and you're sure it's itching her, I would switch her food. When I switched my girl I noticed her privates, toes, and ears cleared up and she stopped scooting. But make sure it's not a UTI of course.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

annie does this sometimes when shes particularly itchy ,she doesnt do it as much now as her its is subsiding ,i know when her itchy body is bad when she scoots ,karen

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

with sarah if she scoots or lets me know somethings wrong its either tailpocket, bum, or lady parts. on her lady parts i would put like tolinaftate or some other yeast med and then put lotirimin powder in there to keep it dry. sometimes i would have to put hydrocortisone cream on there also for itching. actually lotrimin powder seemed to work the best there as there are folds that keep it moist. sometimes sarah will get an itchy bum and i just put hydrocortisone cream on it to stop the itching. the tail pocket i use baby wipes first to get all the gunk out then put tolinaftate or some other yeast or fungal med then i use hydrocortisone cream in there to for itching. i also will use lotrimin powder in there to get rid of the moistness. im sorry your bully is having so much trouble.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads