Scooting and its not the anal glands

lovemybully

Sep 14, 2011
I have a 2 yr old English bully and it kills me to see her scoot. I had her anal glands expressed but she still scoots everyday. I'm thinking it may be her vagina, not her anus. Is anyone else having this issue? It's so painful to watch her. It's like she gets an itch and can't reach to scratch. I have even used diaper rash cream and sometimes it soothes her but not always. The vet can't tell me what's going on with her either.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I have a 2 yr old English bully and it kills me to see her scoot. I had her anal glands expressed but she still scoots everyday. I'm thinking it may be her vagina, not her anus. Is anyone else having this issue? It's so painful to watch her. It's like she gets an itch and can't reach to scratch. I have even used diaper rash cream and sometimes it soothes her but not always. The vet can't tell me what's going on with her either.

Hi!! Yes it is her vagina. It is probably itching her. Clean it and put some cream on it. I use the Vagasil wipes on Matilda.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is her vagina have brownish reddish stuff on/around it? She could easily have a yeast infection in her lady parts, or even a yeasty itchy tail pocket?

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Katie is doing the same thing! Had her anal glands done a few weeks ago and she still scoots... even on the pavement. :/ I notice some brownish spots on my carpet. Could that be coming from her and that area?

erin7777777

Sep 24, 2011
Hi, I am having the same problem and I do not want to go to the vet unless absolutely necessary as it is sooo expensive! My 2 and half year old english bulldog has reddish/brownish stuff coming from where her tail would be, not her bum and she rubs it along the carpet! Our new white carpet is getting ruined! HELP!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Could be the tail pocket infected.

OP
L

lovemybully

Sep 14, 2011
My female bully will be 3 yrs old next month on February 21st. She was scooting since she was a year old. I thought it was her tail pocket and so i had her tail docked. Turns out it was not. She still scoots everyday and i know it is not her anal glands bcuz i have had them expressed and she will scoot the very next day. I have taken her to the vet several times and he can't tell me what is wrong with her. It is SO painful to see her scoot and at times lets out a YELP. She looks at me like please help mommy. It's terrible! So i run to the bathroom, get a cottonball and clean her va-jay-jay with alcohol and it seems to sooth her but she still scoots everyday.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Did the dr check her va-jay jay for a possible UTI or a yeast problem? If it's not the tail pocker or anal glands...that would be my next guess. How long has this been going on for now? When you say tail docked...do you mean a tail amputation? And do you have an EB? Or An AB?

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
Yikes sounds like yeasty privates. Try and keep it clean and dry, but if that continues and you're sure it's itching her, I would switch her food. When I switched my girl I noticed her privates, toes, and ears cleared up and she stopped scooting. But make sure it's not a UTI of course.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
annie does this sometimes when shes particularly itchy ,she doesnt do it as much now as her its is subsiding ,i know when her itchy body is bad when she scoots ,karen

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
with sarah if she scoots or lets me know somethings wrong its either tailpocket, bum, or lady parts. on her lady parts i would put like tolinaftate or some other yeast med and then put lotirimin powder in there to keep it dry. sometimes i would have to put hydrocortisone cream on there also for itching. actually lotrimin powder seemed to work the best there as there are folds that keep it moist. sometimes sarah will get an itchy bum and i just put hydrocortisone cream on it to stop the itching. the tail pocket i use baby wipes first to get all the gunk out then put tolinaftate or some other yeast or fungal med then i use hydrocortisone cream in there to for itching. i also will use lotrimin powder in there to get rid of the moistness. im sorry your bully is having so much trouble.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My female bully will be 3 yrs old next month on February 21st. She was scooting since she was a year old. I thought it was her tail pocket and so i had her tail docked. Turns out it was not. She still scoots everyday and i know it is not her anal glands bcuz i have had them expressed and she will scoot the very next day. I have taken her to the vet several times and he can't tell me what is wrong with her. It is SO painful to see her scoot and at times lets out a YELP. She looks at me like please help mommy. It's terrible! So i run to the bathroom, get a cottonball and clean her va-jay-jay with alcohol and it seems to sooth her but she still scoots everyday.

My girl is 6 years old and this has been a continuous problem for her.... it is yeast in her girly-girl and in her tail pocket. I use witch Hazel in the tail pocket and a medicated powder for her girly-girl. Banks also had to have a vulvaplasty (girly-girl reduction) at the age of 2 because she was prone to UTI's - until that procedure Banks was never without a UTI and because of all the antibiotics she would have yeast issues -- such a nasty cycle. She still has yeast problem so I try to avoid potato in her for and starches.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Like what everyone else said, it sounds a lot like a yeast infection in the lady parts.

Delilah used to get them when she was on not as great food. She's on a high quality food now and hasn't been having any problems.

But her lady area would get swollen and she would have some rust red surrounding everything around there. I wipe her parts down with malacetic wipes every day just as prevention and to keep the area clean and yeast free. You might try doing that?

Has your vet even looked at her girl parts?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
We give HRH gel cranberry pills every morning to help prevent UTI issues. We had problems when she was on antibiotics almost a year ago with her peeing in the house. We suspected UTI and started the cranberry pills. It seemed to fix the problem for us.
Also we have used cream sold for human female yeast issues on yeasty looking spots that she has occasionally had. After cleaning the areas.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.