Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Scooting and its not the anal glands

Quote Originally Posted by lovemybully View Post
    My female bully will be 3 yrs old next month on February 21st. She was scooting since she was a year old. I thought it was her tail pocket and so i had her tail docked. Turns out it was not. She still scoots everyday and i know it is not her anal glands bcuz i have had them expressed and she will scoot the very next day. I have taken her to the vet several times and he can't tell me what is wrong with her. It is SO painful to see her scoot and at times lets out a YELP. She looks at me like please help mommy. It's terrible! So i run to the bathroom, get a cottonball and clean her va-jay-jay with alcohol and it seems to sooth her but she still scoots everyday.

My girl is 6 years old and this has been a continuous problem for her.... it is yeast in her girly-girl and in her tail pocket. I use witch Hazel in the tail pocket and a medicated powder for her girly-girl. Banks also had to have a vulvaplasty (girly-girl reduction) at the age of 2 because she was prone to UTI's - until that procedure Banks was never without a UTI and because of all the antibiotics she would have yeast issues -- such a nasty cycle. She still has yeast problem so I try to avoid potato in her for and starches.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Like what everyone else said, it sounds a lot like a yeast infection in the lady parts.

Delilah used to get them when she was on not as great food. She's on a high quality food now and hasn't been having any problems.

But her lady area would get swollen and she would have some rust red surrounding everything around there. I wipe her parts down with malacetic wipes every day just as prevention and to keep the area clean and yeast free. You might try doing that?

Has your vet even looked at her girl parts?

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

We give HRH gel cranberry pills every morning to help prevent UTI issues. We had problems when she was on antibiotics almost a year ago with her peeing in the house. We suspected UTI and started the cranberry pills. It seemed to fix the problem for us.
    Also we have used cream sold for human female yeast issues on yeasty looking spots that she has occasionally had. After cleaning the areas.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I just wanted to say that Monday I caught Sally scooting her lady area hard on the concrete. I took her in and turned her over and she was raw. She has a big indentation just before her lady part. I cleaned her up and got her dry there and then put Desitin on it. Her vet gave me a prescription (it's at home and I can't remember what it's called) and as of yesterday she's all healed up.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Shampooing her tail pocket and lady parts with Duoxo shampoo (follow the directions - you have to leave it on for a time) has been a godsend for Bea. Remember to rinse COMPLETELY and DRY as well as possible. I make a thickish paper towel "wick" for that tail pocket but you have to be super careful you don't leave any in there!!!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i wipe sarahs tail pocket every day with duoxo pads and use it on her lady parts if necessary. i have duoxo shampoo i use on her yeasty parts when bathing. also some lotrimin powder on her yeasty folds helps keep it dry and combats the yeast. ive heard of desitin in the tail pocket to keep the wet out after cleaning and drying. glad she is better sis

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My sarge did that too! I had his glands expressed but it wasent that, so I lifted his tight tail and the opening to his tail pocket was infected. I started putting some antibotic save on it and its just about cleared up now. I would look under his tail with a small light and see if there is anything red or puffy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads