Eating Poop

H

heff101

We recently changed Heff to a new dog food. It seems to be agreeing with him but now the dumbass has taken to eating his poop afterwards!
GROSS
Then he comes in and wants to give everyone a big lick.
Any suggestions on how to stop this.

VoicesInMyHead

Jul 15, 2011
Phx, Az
Bulldog(s) Names
Arwen Undomiel
Wow... talk about a potty mouth! :barf:

Not sure how to stop the behavior, but to stop him from actually doing it, you may have to resort to just picking it up as soon as he drops his calling card. Being in an apartment, I have to pick it up, but the complex has poop stations spread around with bags and bins.

Good luck with that... and the sloppy kisses too! LOL!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't have any personal experience with :poo: eating but i recall [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] having that problem w/her wilson. Maybe she will be able to offer some insight.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm at lunch right now and don't have much time to respond and I'll give you my experience this evening. As you can see under my dog's name it says Turd Burglar. :ROFL: In short though if he just started doing it since you switched food I'd switch to another. I have tried everything there is out there including hot sauce and nothing has worked shy of picking it up. BUT Wilson only eats my old dogs :poo: and not his. My old guy is on a different food too and is on Duralactin which probably has some residue in his stools, that's all we can think of. To a dog though eating :poo: is a tasty backyard snack to them and not disgusting like it is to us. Gross I know. I just clean Wilsons mouth and carry on.

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I may be totally off and wrong about this but didn't someone on this board say that giving their dog pineapple to eat helped with the dog not eating their poop? it was some byproduct that the pineapple emitted in the waste or something of that nature. Again, maybe i read this somewhere else or dreamt it! it's been a long day...:confused:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i had a dog who ate not his poop but my other dogs poop. we got him from someone else and as soon as i put them on a good food he stopped doing it. im thinking change the food again. ive heard they do it as they are not getting something from their food but who knows. we changed food and duke just stopped doing it and has never done it again. now if i could stop him from eating grass:laugh:id be home free. my dogs poop grass they eat so much sometimes.

OP
H

heff101

I am not changing the food again. Will have to figure it out. Pet store told me when they are low in potassium they will do that so advised to add a banana to his food.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Years ago..we had a dog with this particular craving...and we got a prescription from the vet..we gave it to the innocent dog..the one with the irresistible :poo:.. It took 2 doses and apparently it made the :poo:.. Taste like :poo:!!!!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Both of my dogs will eat cat, deer, and horse poop if they have the chance; luckily dog poop is of no interest. They both like to graze on grass, eat worms and grasshoppers. They can be very gross dogs!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
yeah , we discussed this crap before. ooppss. Dog Whisperer gave the dog sliced banana everyday and also told the dog no when he tried to eat the pooh. Something about the vitamin in banana that was missing in the dogs diet that makes them eat it. Telling them no breaks the habit. hope this helps

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
:ROFL: I am Sooo sorry this is happening, but when I read "dumbass" I about fell out of my chair laughing! I would HATE it if Vegas did this and grossed out I would be posting the same thing, it just struck me funny calling Heff a dumbass!! (sorry)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
HELLO ... and :welcome: to my world!!

Daddy has always had a fixation for cat :poo: ,and sometimes the :poo: of the other dogs, but mainly cat :poo:

I have no idea why ......... :ohmy:

Last edited:
OP
L

Lucy-licious

My Lucy is also addicted to cat :poo: too.

We have solved the problem though. The litter tray is in a place where she cant reach it with a bar across the gap just incase she thinks she might squeeze in the gap.

She was getting really bad spots on her muzzle and chin, all red and inflammed....we were looking for a new food thinking it was food allergies. But since she hasn't been able to reach the cat :poo: her sores have cleared up. Turns out my baby is allergic to cat :poo: HaHa!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online